The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

The guy on the front looks like an Irish man from a punch cartoon.

2 Likes

Kinnegar Crossroads. A delish tropical IPA.

2 Likes

I was at a wedding last week where these were available at the reception along side the champagne… I had 3 of them swamped before the bell went. Unreal.

4 Likes

Unreal is right.

Few pints. A gig. Home. What a night.

Pilsner style lager. Whatever will they think of next

1 Like

I’ve been buying 750ml bottles of Leffe in lidl for €2.99 a bottle. I picked up two boxes two weeks ago, granted it’s only six bottles to a box. It’s absolutely amazing stuff when allowed to sit in a fridge for 48hrs and more to really properly chill. And I find you don’t drink as much of it as you would generic cans. I’d be satisfied often enough on a bottle of that, whereas I might drink four cans of Heineken or San Miguel before. If I’d two of these large Leffe bottles I’m finding myself feeling it. I’d say there’d be a savage buzz from three bottles of it but I haven’t gone that far yet. I must get a few more bottles soon in case they run out of stocking them.

The drunkest I was ever in my life was over in England where I went on the lash from noon to about 9pm with two other fellas and we were drinking pints of Leffe on draught like it was water. I’d say I’d the guts of 12 pints of this and ended up on my own asleep in a hedge. Someone must have reported me because the next thing I was awoken by a flash lamp in my face and the Old Bill were helping me out of the hedge and into the back of the squad car. I wasn’t able to talk but I was able to point just about and somehow I managed to point my way home from the back seat. I can remember them telling me to hurry up or I’d be spending the night locked up. I was a hairs breadth from them losing patience as I hadn’t a fiddler’s really where I was directing them but somehow we got there just in time. Needless to say I woke up in the morning four hours after I was due to start work and I’d say it was the only morning I was ever late there.

18 Likes

Is that the blond Leffe? The dark one is good as well.

2 Likes

Blond yeah. I’d only drink blond I can’t stand dark beers bar Guinness on a drab day.

:smiley:

Dark beers are generally superior… Particularly Belgian dark beers.

A lot of the Belgian dark ones are too sweet, not a fan of a lot of them.

Belgian tripels are generally lighter in colour, stronger and superior to ‘dark’ Belgian dubbels.

A hipster or gay wedding ?

Twas one of them pagan weddings alright, where they were swapping poteens of clay. No idea where your man rounded up a bit of clay and he reared in a concrete jungle.

god love them sure .

1 Like

Yeah, but they are to be drank like wine — a lot of them boys are 9-12%

I dont think i’ve encountered that problem at all - I hate sweet beer… anyway, I’ll let you know in 3 weeks time.

Enjoyed a few of these recently.

6 Likes

nice stuff, but it would blow the hole off you

3 Likes