The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

Home made Brown bread or I’d buy nice bread in the bakers shop or something. Slice pan gives me woeful heartburn

C’mere you. Explain yourself

Leave me alone.

Sure i suppose that’s grand when you’ve nothing else to be doing for the day.

2 Likes

That won’t do.

Well done. You teed that up nicely. Didnt rush into it. Fellas could learn from you

@Juhniallio that’s a new twist on it

Calm down Ted. You’re starting to smell yourself a bit now.

3 Likes

Karmeliet :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Estrella Damm is a grand beer

1 Like

I had that in Spain a few years ago, is it widely available now, there’s so much of a selection that I hardly even notice much when I find myself in an offie.
Is the treaty city beer any good, I’ve met the owner a few times but he hasn’t asked me in yet.

I’ve tried loads of beer and nothing beets a nice chilled bottle of Stella.

cc @Tassotti

2 Likes

It’s lovely but you’d pay the price the next morning if you had a good few

2 Likes

Fairly common the past year, one of the major players must be distributing.

The treaty pale ale is nice enough on draft alright.

Where are you buying your beer? I’m in the market to try something new. Is that off license in Raheen still open, the one that would have a lot of choice, front door maybe? @ciarancareyshurlingarmy

Where did you buy all that? They’re not supermarket bought.

Is it hard to get around Japan as an English speaker? They generally don’t speak English, or speak very little. Are there English friendly signs/menus?

Afraid it closed last year. Buying in centra these days.

You couldn’t depend on the hipsters buying niche beer to keep you going. Meanwhile the off licenses by the train station and the one out in Thomondgate go from strength to strength selling Carling by the slab.

The staff in fine wines would not agree.
One of our club players had a knife pulled on him and shots fired over his head in the space of a couple of months recently. He has resigned and the fuckers made him work his weeks notice.

There’s an off-licence in Blackrock that I stop off at every Friday evening to pick up a few for the weekend. I’ve been drinking like a fish since I gave up the fags so I think I’ve honed in on some of the best of their selection. I’d say the most on them, with the exception of the can would be available elsewhere. The one with the green label is probably my favourite out of those and it’s brewed in Galway so should be available in Limerick. It’s a double IPA though and strong as fuck. You’d he well on your way after 2