The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

Dont mind them. My mother and her cronies have a similar tradition

2 Likes

That’s good drinking

1 Like

Having a few West Indies Guinness. Great stuff.

Had a few Hope from Howth earlier - decent tack. Always prominent at Flavours of Fingal gig.

1 Like

First time trying this tonight, delightful.

1 Like

I was in The 51 of all places for a change at lunchtime today and I had my now traditional disguised Bailey’s Coffee after my chicken curry (half and half).

2 Likes

That’s very strange behaviour

1 Like

Great tack . Made in Baile Mhuirne in the Muskerry Gaeltacht . A lovely place .

Staropramen available at 5 for a tenner in centra

4 Likes

Also five pint bottles of Staropramen in SuperValu for a tenner. I’m on my fifth and last pint of it here. It’s really enjoyable tack.

2 Likes

Good to hear that. It is strong tack, 5 bottles on a Wednesday night is good drinking

Yeah it feels like seven pints of Heineken. Do you know the way you open one and don’t know what way it will go but then each one just merges into the next and before you know it you’re five gone while watching a film. That’s how it happened, you never set out to drink five on a Wednesday night.

1 Like

I have been there!

I keep a stash of peroni 330s in the drinks fridge for soft drinking in case someone calls in but I keep the staropramen for myself.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’ve a good system there. You seem to have it down to a tee. You couldn’t be giving good stuff like Staropramen to visitors. My go to drink the last year for the fridge has been cans of San Miguel but I’ll be adding bottles of Staropramen now too as long as it’s five bottles for a tenner. I hadn’t really drank Staropramen since I lived in England where it was on draught in one pub I frequented, and after one heavy day of it I was pulled out of the hedge I was sleeping in by the old bill and driven home in their squad car. But I really rediscovered the joys of it tonight.

I’d usually have cans of Canadian Molson then in the fridge for times of desperation or if visitors call.

6 Likes

:see_no_evil:
We have all been in a hedge at some stage.

It was always a joy to find it on draught in an english bar. I am told a couple of places in Limerick have it now and will have to hunt them down.

1 Like

Yeah serious juice on draught

2 Likes

Got 5 Staropramen to see me through the storm. It’ll be gone before it even starts though at this rate :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:pint:

Good man. I also topped up and got 5 bottles on the way home from work this afternoon

All gone :cry: