The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

Good shout there KP. My grandfather bought a share in Kiltoghert Creamery in 1934 for a pound (paid in 4 quarters) that has morphed into it’s present incarnation. Keep buying Connacht Gold.

2 Likes

It clearly has ice in it…

There’s fuck all wrong with O’Haras Irish pale ale.

1 Like

I got 8 cans of Canadian for a tenner earlier. It’ll do its job

That should be their tag line.

1 Like

I drank a few bottles of Sol that I found in the beer fridge last night while arguing with @anon61878697 about u21 hurlers, I think the missus bought it for a book club thing a while back, surprisingly nice.

1 Like

That’s a summer beer

Couple of pints of Althea in Against the Grain before I head over to Whelan’s. It’s a great little pub.

1 Like

I was told there’d be no winter in Limerick this year
It was nice though

2 Likes

Nice and refreshing that.

8 cans of Druids for 11 euro in Super Valu :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bland enough though.

It was very very cold, I had the fire lit and it was very refreshing, certainly not a strong tasting beer but sometimes you wouldn’t mind that, very different to what I’d usually drink

Some of the craft beers can be heavy enough. Nothing wrong with a light crisp beer of an evening. Canadian is the same. Bland but light and crisp.

The Frank and Walters?

1 Like

Beyond Guinness (and Sagres last weekend) I’ve gone completely off beer. I haven’t bought a craft ale in a pub or off licence in about 3 months :open_mouth:

Whiskey and Red Wine are the way forward

3 Likes

I regard Guinness as somewhat of a health hazard these days. I’d have 3 or 4 pints put away before I even know where I am. Too easy to drink.

1 Like

Was inside in town tonight. Had a few Johnny Walker Blacks. Not the slightest interest in having a beer.

1 Like

Had 5 bottles of McArdles earlier, beautiful stuff if you were reared on Bass and Smithwicks.

1 Like

Your turning awful boring in the oul age!