The Michael Jackson saga

Bizarre piece on Matt Cooper last night. Some film out now about 2 kids who claim they were abused by him. Regular rock correspondents John Cadell and Larissa Nolan invited to discuss. Cooper asks is it right to listen to Jackson’s music if he was a paedo. Cadell blathers on for a couple of minutes and then says he doesn’t believe that anyone as sick as that could write a song as beautiful as [names random Jackson song]. It’s just not possible. Nolan seems to agree and says you have to separate the art from the artist. It’s just like Caravaggio who apparently murdered someone.

I think even Cooper was gobsmacked. Gary Glitter was nodding in agreement in his prison cell.

Two more lads looking for a pay day? Strange they originally backed Jackson during a trial.

Heard that. Nobody mentioned the Lostprophets though!

1 Like

Nobody who wrote articles as good as Tom Humphries’ could have been a child sex abuser, or something.

1 Like

I see there is a bit of a shit storm about mj again. Impossible to know what really happened. He is dead and they can’t prove anything. How well its the money they are interested in.

I think it’s pretty clear at this stage he was a sick bastard mate. It’s impossible to know what exactly happened but I don’t see how there could possibly be any debate about what generally happened at this stage.
It’s hardly surprising either. We’ve known this since the 90s at least FFS

When Savile died, the floodgates opened in terms of abuse cases. I would have thought similar would have occurred with Jackson but there has been relatively little.

I still cannot fathom how Savile did what he did - in terms of the fact that he was one of the largest sexual abusers in British History versus him being a Sir and mates with the Royals and high level politicians.

Well you have your mind made up anyway. No debating with you!

It’s hard to argue with evidence mate

Has he been convicted of sexual abuse?

Interesting fact (thanks Blindboy)
Michael Jackson wrote Blame it on the Boogie

But not that Michael Jackson

Interesting fact number 2, I had a wisdom tooth removed since I typed that, 3 minutes ago, I was settling myself in for a long battle

1 Like

Rte want to ban his music now from the radios. Everybody just needs to chill for a min with this. Hbo are after obviously finding two lads who will go to the end of the earth with their stories which are all over the place. Same lads defended him in 2005, smelt a pay day and social media have nothing on the agenda now but to destroy legendary artists.

3 Likes

Would you have let Michael blow bubbles in front of you?

Michael Jackson had an awful childhood by all accounts. No one really knows what went on…but this latest documentary which I didnt bother watching just strikes me as cunts trying to get some money out of a dead fellas estate.

Why has it taken them so long to come forward? I find it hard to believe…maybe they’re telling the truth. Its awful anyway you look at it.

He slept with children, even if he didn’t sexually abuse them which is extremely unlikely he was a massive weirdo and should not be celebrated

1 Like

It takes the average child abuse victim 30 years after the event to come forward

Jimmy savlille was a prominent supporter of the RNLI and @Dav1 knows what he did to get the donations

2 Likes

I think Michael Jackson was as innocent as the kids involved here been honest. They on about rape here, I doubt anyone would defend their rapists in a federal court. I smelt a rat, that Jordan chandler kid was found to be lying too and confirmed when jackson died as he was not circumcised as reported by chandler. Convinced by his father that he was abused.