The Mind of GOD

Aldi are the official supermarket of the IRFU so its Lidl all the way for me.

2 Likes

Clever move on the part of a discount supermarket in Aldi to associate with a premium brand like Irish rugby

I believe Lidl are taking the opposite view in terms of brand alignment and are attempting to link up with Waterford hurling

They’ve actually linked up with the LGFA.

1 Like

Do Tesco not have a massive distribution centre in Donabate?

Yes

Could well have.

Aldi is great … has come on leaps and bounds - In Cork anyway, fuck knows what they’re at in Monaghan that has @Tank riled up … I made the switch from Lidls 2 years ago and havent looked back - i’ve saved €800 a year by making the move to Aldi. Aldi also supports Irish rubby, this was a big factor in making my decision.

3 Likes

Quisling.

3 Likes

so in summation, you make better money out of dunnes than tesco :smiley:

1 Like

In my opinion the following things are better in Lidl than in Aldi

Dog food
Wine
Bread
Falafel
Black bags
Stuffed vine leaves
Nuts
Ground Coffee

The following things are better in Aldi than Lidl
Chocolate
Beer
Shower gel

1 Like

Aldi is 5 minutes from my door ---- Lidl is 15. By switching to Aldi, I saved €750 a year on petrol.

But - @backinatracksuit has highlighted pies in Lidls that i’m intrigued by - and you’ve now highlighted vine leaves …

1 Like

Yes I must try the pies. The vine leaves were lovely they were under the Eridaneous or something like that brand.

1 Like

Thanks…I might fly up this evening and pick up both of these items and report back

That would be a good plan.

Aldi have very nice pies. I bought two recently. Can’t remember the name.

Do you frequent ASDA?

Only Mcdonalds in asda. I mostly shop online or in aldis at as antisocial an hour as possible, or the coop. I absolutely hate superstores. I hate everything about them. There’s nothing I need or want that I can’t get in aldis and it’s the closest shop.

1 Like

thought you’d be a waitrose man

Never been in one.