The NBA Thread

Dis woz clmpd

1 Like

The game is moving smaller. None of the top teams play with a traditional big man, post up Center anymore .

He should have challenged the shot legally, it was an illegal close-out.

TBF - I haven’t watched it 6/7 years- It was beyond boring … College ball is completely different.

The system where you play 81 games to get rid of 14 teams in a 30 team championship leads to a mundane regular season. losing 20/30 games isn’t really critical.
College ball seems more exciting because every game is pretty important. In reality the top kids are spending the minimum one year in college before joining the draft. 2005 was the last year US kids got drafted (including two current Celtics Amir Johnson and Gerald Green). The current top draft picks are nearly all one-year-and-out kids.
As @Blake correctly says the game is going smaller. Its a guards league, so much so that the All star selectios where you have to choose 3 backcourt and 2 front court players should really be changed to 4 and 1 to reflect the current game.

1 Like

All Star game has 3 frontcourt players

1 Like

Yeah sorry. it is 2 back and 3 front

It’s too easy to score, mate. The game’s weighted too heavily in favour of attackers.

Strategy wise, netball is a superior game.

Maybe but both teams are allowed to score…

Good news for the Celtics… Paul George and Gordon Hayward have both been left off All-NBA teams, meaning that the Pacers and Jazz lose the chance to re-sign their star players to 5-year, $207M super-max contracts respectively. Now Celtics will make a run at Hayward most likely who is a free agent on July 1st. They can match whatever Jazz are able to offer him. I think they will get him. George isn’t a free agent until 2018 and would require giving away some good assets to get him

1 Like

They could get George easily, they’ll make a run for better players first though. Griffin should be top of their list.

Griffin is a crock they will rightly stay well clear of him. Hayward would be a great acquisition.

1 Like

:joy:

Whereas Hayward is a good addition it has taken the Celtics 5 years and trading their previous stars to get to where they are in the trade. They wont be in this position for another 10 years at least. So to me Hayward should be the least of their acquisition targets. Unfortunately to gain the likes of an Anthony Davis you will probably have to lose a few fan favorites like Crowder Smart and Bradley. Davis signed a 5 year deal last year but he must be sick to his teeth of playing with a poor team and the addition of Cousins was mad as it was their backcourt that needed boosting. If the Celtics were to do a deal and offer 2/3 decent guards + this years No 1 draft pick for Davis it makes both teams super competitive.
Blake Griffin is too injury prone to be taking a risk on

I wouldn’t go near Griffin, injury or none, a showpony.

Yeah but to be a show pony you have to have some talent to show in the first place…

To get to the NBA you have to have some talent. And I include Jeremy Lin in that.

Cavs giving the Celtics an unmerciful hammering in game 2. Celtics should be allowed to forfeit the series at this stage and go on their holidays

this is almost unbelievable. @backinatracksuit will be sick as a parrot