The NBA Thread

Red rover
Dubs

Sin é. Cavs could never get a head of steam going. Curry pretty anonymous for GS.

Durant’s night. No way GS beat the Cavs without him.

LeBron averaged a triple double in the Finals, first player to ever do it. His plus/minus numbers for the series are truly unbelievable.

Rumors abound that the GSW will REFUSE an invite to Trumps White House.

Not rumours dick head that was confirmed days ago.

1 Like

Oh dear

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/warriors-deflect-rumors-of-declined-white-house-visit/

Poor @spidey

Two days ago. Keep up.

1 Like

Fire up the article there chief, I’d like to see who has confirmed this.

Jesse Reed at Sportsnaut confirmed it. Are you blind?

Whats his role in the GSW?

Look you’ve been caught out posting old news in your attempt to be the first person once again to regurgitate some old shit or other. I’m not interested in a tedious back and forth with you because i know you have more time than i do. Anyone with their finger on the pulse of basketball knew a few days ago that the Warriors weren’t turning up to the white house. Now run along to Rip.ie there might be some old codger for you to post about that has knocked off who was famous for five minutes 20 years ago.

4 Likes

Oh dear, you’re seething, this is splendid. I knew I had you early doors, but to watch you squirm has made this even better.

The GSW may or may not turn up to the White House, and the players may have intimated they don’t wish to, but they’ll do as they’re told if its what the Franchise owners wish.

You on the other hand, are twisting and turning in the wind here, trotting out some tired cliches that suggest you have some perceived knowledge. I could resort to the same tired cliches and call you a fat fuck, but that would be juvenile, so I wont.

This has been fun.

1 Like

Not a cliche. In fact an accurate description of the news reports, the same ones in which I posted minutes later.

You’re better than this @spidey. Much better. Him on the other hand, I have in my pocket.

Boston have shaken up the NBA with news that they have traded their no. 1 draft pick to Philadelphia in exchange for the no. 3 pick and Lakers 1st round pick for next year (which Philly had acquired), as long as it falls between positions 2 to 5. Chances are it will. And if it doesn’t the Celtics get Sacramento’s first round pick in 2019 from Philly who also have that. Philly are now going to pick Markelle Fultz at no. 1 and he slots in nicely alongside Simmons, Embiid and Saric to make an exciting young core for them.

From the Celtics point of view Fultz doesn’t fit neatly into what they already have in their back court. With Thomas the guard for the next few years all going well, and Smart and Bradley playing alongside him and/or instead of him. This years draft is loaded with potential stars and with Lakers expected to pick another guard at no. 2 in the shape of Lonzo Ball, it means Celtics get to pick the best player from the draft class who is any position other than guard. And also they will get a top rookie next year as well (or in 2019) and they also have Brooklyns first round pick for next year which will be high again. It’s not inconceivable that the Celtics get two first round picks in the top 5 next year. They just have incredible options and also the cap room to bring in a star (Jimmy Butler?).

If the Celtics keep the no. 3 pick it looks a shoot-out between Jason Tatum and Josh Jackson for the Celtics. I would prefer Jackson myself. But they have so many options now in terms of draft picks that they might not even use it and may package up a fantastic deal with brilliant trade picks for a mega star. I think it could play out like this yet and am sure Ainge is busy behind the scenes trying to flog assets for someone like Butler.

Some huge things happening behind the scenes at the moment as teams shuffle the deck chairs.

First off the Lakers have signed Brook Lopez from Brooklyn in exchange for D’Angelo Russell and Tim Mozgov. Great deal for Lakers in particular, who also get the no. 27 pick in this years draft as part of the deal. They’ve signed a quality player and also got rid of Mozgovs huge contract which was an albatross around their necks. From Brooklyn’s point of Lopez’ contract was expiring and they wouldn’t have wanted to risk losing him for nothing. They’ve got the talented Russell as part of the deal. This paves the way for the Lakers to make an expected run at Paul George and Lebron. They’ve also got Lonzo Ball coming in the draft it seems so they are really shaping up to become a big player soon again. All will depend on if they can get Lebron. George looks like he’s sure to go to LA.

There’s a few teams trying to get Jimmy Butler, with the Cavs reportedly one of them. Hard to see how the Cavs would have enough to send Chicago to prise Butler away in the first place, but in any event the player has said he wants to stay in Chicago. I really hope he goes to Boston. They sure as hell have enough to put together an attractive package to get him.

Two huge stars are reportedly being touted about as being available for trade by their GM’s. Porzingas at the Knicks and DeAndre Jordan at the Clippers. You’d imagine it would take huge offers for both (Porzingas in particular) but nevertheless it is interesting to see if someone wants one of them bad enough. Porzingas will have no shortage of suitors.

Then you have Gordon Hayward with his contract expiring this summer. He will surely either go to Boston or stay in Utah. But if Boston could somehow maybe get Butler and Porzingas there will be no room for Hayward.

1 Like

This is the another step in Danny Ainge’s big move. As I noted below there is fuck all use in the Celtics selecting another guard for their current roster. The only big question for the Celtics is when to cash all these assets in. This is the quandary. In the East LeBron has another 2/3 years. In the West GSW have 5 years of dominance ahead of them. Ainge missed out on Durant last year. He will need Davis/ Prozingas and George/Leonard/Butler to be able to compete at the top table. Of these Davis and Leonard ain’t readily available for another 3/4 years but Ainge may just wait and be happy to have a team that will make the playoffs until he is ready to push the button.

2 Likes

You’re a very astute reader of the game my friend. Danny will see us right. Celtic fans are patient, to a degree.

1 Like

Minnesota just mugged the Bulls off big time. Unbelievable they get Jimmy Butler for so little.