The NBA Thread

When you see what Chicago took for Butler that was a massive missed opportunity. Butler must have interfered the GM’s daughter to have been swapped for so little.
Celtics apparently discussed a deal with the Nicks for Porzingas but Nicks were looking for too much. Maybe they are not prepared to trade to another team in the East but apparently they are willing to discuss trading him.

Free Agency starts at midnight tonight.
CP3 is leaving the Clippers to play with Harden in Houston.

Paul George to the Thunder

Came out of left field that one. They’ll be a different proposition next year but its hard to see him as much more than a one year rental as he will surely sign for Lakers in 12 months time. In other news the Clippers have signed injury prone and aging Blake Griffin to a 5yr deal worth $173m. Braindead.

Watching a really good documentary on Allen Iverson here on netflix, what a player, best high school football player in the state as well at QB, safety and kick returner.

Guaranteed money. That’s 20 (twenty) QBs on the left

1 Like

Hayward looks like he is heading to Beantown. With every other decent player deserting the Eastern conference it looks like the Celtics will be the only threat to LeBron in the Conference.
If Ainge could swing an Anthony Davis signing in the next year or so then they could realistically start talking about championship contenders.

1 Like

I’m afraid he’ll plump for Miami yet. Still can’t get over the Clippers offering Blake Griffin a five year max! FFS!

Kevin Durant signs a 2 year deal with the Warriors, taking $9.6M less than the $34.6M annually he could have asked for, to allow the Warriors keep Iguodala and Livingston happy.
What a guy!

He must be a pariah with the other upper tier players, they all made an agreement to not accept any discount on future contacts after the last CBA.

1 Like

What an absolute gentleman. His Corinthian spirit restores your faith in sport in this cynical, greedy era.

I hope the Warriors reward his selfless loyalty by winning another title.

1 Like

Not quite the same reaction you had to one of gentleman Tom’s most recent contracts

1 Like

Is Anthony going to the Cavs? Lebron can’t sit idly by for much longer you’d feel.

At 33 and after 3/4 years of sub-par performances I think Melo’s best days are behind him. He has left himself go a bit. I don’t think he would be a successful fit with the Cavs but there is fuck all else available in unrestricted free agency.
With all the top young free agents wrapped up I could see the Cavs doing a trade for a big name like Anthony Davis involving Love and a lot more. I think Davis is the one player in the league who is with a shit team that would make any decent team contenders. He signed a massive deal with the Pelicans so it will take a blockbuster trade to get him.

One is believable and the other is not.

Whereas everything points to KD being a decent guy you have to look at the bigger picture. Nike need Durant at the Warriors. He is the only viable name to go up against Curry and Under Armour. I would imagine any shortfall will be made up by sponsorship.

1 Like

Summer leagues have started and the initial viewings of Jason Tatum (#3 pick by Boston) is very positive.
He went up against the 76’ers and the #1 pick Fultz and had 21 point, 7 assists and 5 steals (Impressive considering they play 10 minute quarters).
On his second game against the Spurs he had 24 points and 10 rebounds. Unfortunately the big Croatian Zicic has been slow out of the blocks and while posting 5/6 rebounds per game looks short of the quality required. The Marc Gasol rumors are continuing which would mean if true that the Celtics would likely have to trade away all three of Bradley,Smart and Crowder who were the heart beat of the team last year.

1 Like

I see Phil Jackson finally got the heave ho from the Knicks. He got paid a fortune for doing absolutely nothing. Hard to see them being a serious franchise again under their current owner

He let himself down very badly, looked like a complete dinosaur. A real self mugging off.

1 Like

NBA London 11 Jan 2018 is going to be Celtics v 96ers for anyone interested in heading to the O2.

1 Like