The NBA Thread

I never knew NBA do a match in London. That’ll be a good one too.

Ah lovely

Well holy god. Would be a great long term move for Boston because Isaiah has a ceiling whereas Kyrie should have a lot more longevity. Isaiah won’t be happy being forced to leave because its clear he has built up a strong rapport with Boston.

Boston, with their draft picks believe IT is expendable, Lebron wants Kirie, who believes the Earth is square remember, gone.
This is on

Is it lebron who despises Kyrie? I assumed was other way round. Kyrie is a dimwit alright going on about the earth being flat but he’s a might fine basketball player

Blazers can’t get anyone to move to Oregon :cry:

Are there no hipster basketball players?

None.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4fb254b56bb3f7856a000006/the-16-most-outrageous-outfits-of-the-nbas-hipster-fashion-craze.jpg

1 Like

Kyrie IT is done while ye were sleeping by the way guys

Been a very interesting summer for the Celtics to say the least. Ainge has had 4 years stockpiling, and wheeling and dealing. Looks like its all coming down to this. Hell of an outlay all told for Irving, but he’s a proven winner and looks a player ready to lead his own franchise. He’s also got a point to prove after how it finished up in Cleveland.

Boston, Limerick and Liverpool are the three greatest sporting Cities on the planet.

Fuck me. Celtics have gutted their team that topped the regular season in the East over the summer. 4 of their starting 5 are gone. Bradley, Crowder, Johnson and Thomas. Along with Olynyk and a heap of backup players inlcl Zeller.
The steel and fight that Crowder and Bradley brought to the team will be sorely missed but the potential with Irving, Hayward and to a lesser extent Horford takes them to the next level if they blend.

1 Like

Trade has hit a bump. Apparently IT’s ability to pass the physical is a major doubt Celtics may have to add another pick/Taytum.

Isaiah :clap:

And so when I say this hurts, man — just know that it isn’t because of anything anyone else did. It’s only because of something I did.

I fell in love with Boston.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/isaiah-thomas-trade-celtics-cavaliers/

CC @ChocolateMice, TB appears further down the article

1 Like

Carmelo traded by the Knicks to join Westbrook and Paul George in OKC

Wow that’s huge. And they only traded Enes Kanter and some other guy I never heard of for him and a future draft pick. Kanter is no loss he’s not a starter anyway. So they’ve a likely starting 5 of Westbrook, Robertson, Anthony, George, Adams. The NBA is going to be unreal next season with OKC, Houston and Boston a lot better than they were last season.

As an aside I watched ESPN’s 30 for 30 series on the Detroit Pistons side of the 80s the other day, the “bad boys” as they were known as. It was very enjoyable.

3 Likes

Bill Simmons has the inside line on that ages ago to be fair to him.

I think this is recognition that the next competitive stretch for honours starts in 4/5 years when the current warriors side breaks up.
The bad boys doc is top class.

Unrale. Just bought a ticket to OKC visiting Portland in November on this news.

2 Likes