The NBA Thread

Carbon copy of game six. Houston need to find some offense.

Warriors Cavs final again.
Rockets set a record you don’t want, 27 missed 3 pointers in a row and 29 of their last 30, 7 of 44 overall.

Warriors 1/14 to win it

That’s crazy

That’s not really a fair comment. Apart from the Mavs in 2011, there’s none of his Finals losses that you could say he should have won. The 2016 win was insane and more than makes up for the Mavs loss. Even taking the Warriors to 6 games in 2015 was other-worldly, considering his fellow starters were Matthew Dellavadova, Iman Shumpert, Timofey Mozgov and Tristan Thompson, he was robbed blind of Finals MVP

I did say 1 of those years he had a poor supporting cast.

I think 3 from 7 isn’t a great return for a player of his quality. He has had mostly good supporting players.

I’m not saying he played poorly at all, just think he should have more.

Andre Iguadala ruled out of Game 1. Really big for the Cavs, because despite the other 4 All Star players being who they are, Iguadala has been the difference since this rivalry began. Starting with their first Finals matchup, the Cavs have actually outscored the Warriors while Iguadala is on the bench by 40-something points. The pendulum swings completely when he’s on the floor, they’re minus 200+ for those minutes. He guards LeBron better than anyone on Warriors and tips their offense into the overdrive levels with his well rounded skill set. The Cavs know all this so even on a psychological level it’s important. If he were to miss more games, it gives Cleveland a chance.

Love still has to come out of the concussion protocol, though Green and JR showed enough in the last game to say him being out isn’t automatically fatal in and of itself.

1 Like

Great preview of Cleveland’s imperfect options by Zach Lowe

30-29 Cavs after Q1. Cracking pace. Very promising start for Cleveland, sustaining it is another thing though

It’s 1 v 5 out there.

Superb game 1, this is going to 7.

Lebron for yet another record.

This is just bonkers

Bullshit call against Lebron.

Absolute horseshit

Overtime.

JR…

Another bullshit call.

Cavs being ridden raw

Christ the refs did the cavs several times there.