The north/really good looking fellas

Putin gave them a dig out today.

@Nembo_Kid, do you stand in solidarity with Ashers bakery?

In a way yes. Not because they refused to make a cake for them, but they have the right to refuse to serve whoever they wish

So they can’t have their cake and eat it?

Shit sorry @Matty_Hislop Thought it was @Nembo_Kid asking the question

For me it’s not a question of their sexuality. Any business should have the right to refuse a sale if they so wish

The notion that not making a cake for someone amounts to discrimination is a bit of a stretch. Just go to another bakery

If a bakery in Dublin didn’t want to serve black people, you’d have no problem with that?

2 Likes

Agreed. However if they stated that it was for discriminatory reasons then they’ve signed their own death warrant.

If they’d said that they were too busy there’d be no arguments at all.

I would have a problem with it. Yes. Just like I’d have an issue with someone refusing to serve on the grounds of sexuality. Their actual reason for not servintage them is discriminatory. Of that there is no doubt. But my point being that a business should have the right to refuse.
If a black person walks into my shop and acts the cunts for whatever reason, I should have the right to refuse them. Not because they’re black but because they’re acting the cunt

Think you might be missing the point, mike.

1 Like

I think Ashers took umbrage with these chaps having no interest in acting the cunt though.

3 Likes

You know what chief. I’m off today and should have gone to worefuse. Phone hasn’t stopped ringing. Was looking forward to a day of doing fuck all and posting suite up here. Looks like I’m just walking myself into clamping. @Nembo_Kid would rip me apart now if I got into a fIght with him. Think I’ll just go for a pint ta fuck

That’s the same type of logic taken by those weird Libertarian types in the US who opposed the Civil Rights Act.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisladd/2016/09/17/the-libertarian-civil-rights-paradox/#1c4bf22927a1

Anyone watching the McArthur chap from Ashers on Six One News there? Quality speech about honouring God outside the court while pointing skywards. :laughing:

Yes.

Has God just died unexpectedly? Did they work together or play on the same football team or something?

I reckon the gay lads have a Brimful of Ashers at this stage.

Their problem is with a bakery, not a cornershop.

1 Like

That’s how you do it. :clap:

cc @binkybarnes