The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

Cavanagh almost got sent off for a second rugby tackle,that’s as cynical a play as I’ve seen

Dublin are going to give Cork a real roasting

they have dealt with it with the black cards being introduced jan14. Not much good to Meath today I know

Tyrone killed the game almost from HT they would have been down to about 9 at the end under black card system if applied in full. Surprised at Hart really that he hasn’t made some effort to move their game forward with he new rules in mind, he will probably call it quits at the end of the season and let some other lad worry about it.

On another note, Tyrone were bursting out of their jerseys to a man tonight I thought. Huge upper bodies. Did not look like a GAA type conditioning.

Cork were scandalous. Played well for ten mins but GY should have, and would richly have deserved the win. Played nice football and took some great scores. Not sure counihan is still any closer to knowing his best team

[quote=“dancarter, post: 807374, member: 122”]they have dealt with it with the black cards being introduced jan14. Not much good to Meath today I know

Tyrone killed the game almost from HT they would have been down to about 9 at the end under black card system if applied in full. Surprised at Hart really that he hasn’t made some effort to move their game forward with he new rules in mind, he will probably call it quits at the end of the season and let some other lad worry about it.

On another note, Tyrone were bursting out of their jerseys to a man tonight I thought. Huge upper bodies. Did not look like a GAA type conditioning.

Cork were scandalous. Played well for ten mins but GY should have, and would richly have deserved the win. Played nice football and took some great scores. Not sure counihan is still any closer to knowing his best team[/quote]
Black cards will make a difference but there’s a specific problem near the end of the game when teams just foul to waste time and avoid conceding goal chances and they won’t be bothered by black cards.

All the Tyrone players were wearing some sort of muscle sports bra.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 807375, member: 1”]

All the Tyrone players were wearing some sort of muscle sports bra.[/quote]
Its a GPS tracker as far as I know.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 807374, member: 122”]they have dealt with it with the black cards being introduced jan14. Not much good to Meath today I know

Cork were scandalous. Played well for ten mins but GY should have, and would richly have deserved the win. Played nice football and took some great scores. Not sure counihan is still any closer to knowing his best team[/quote]
I can’t wait for these black cards to come in…I really think it will help to rid the game of the cynicism that is ruining it as a spectacle. Apparently Hart is vehemently opposed to their introductory…quelle surprise.

The Tyrone players did indeed resemble a team of bodybuilders…All they are missing was the fake tan. Sean Kavanagh is fucking massive, and while he remains a tremendous footballer, I definitely think carrying the extra bulk around has slowed him down.

I was surprised at the lack of urgency in Cork. Granted, that goal had been coming all through the second half, but Galway were very unlucky to lose out in the end. Conor Doherty seemed to misjudge the pace of a ball rolling towards the sideline and was letting it go for a Galway line ball. One of the Cork lads didn’t give up on it and kept the ball in play, before setting up the move that led to Corks goal. Sloppy by Galway but they left very little in the tank yesterday in fairness and quite a few of them were out on their feet in the last ten minutes. Losing Danny Cummins early was also a blow as the inexperience Shane Walsh made no impact.

A lot of that can be put down the utterly ridiculous sports bras they were wearing. They looked like they’d raided their girlfriend’s wardrobes before the match.

[quote=“Jimmy Mc Nulty, post: 807387, member: 1168”]I can’t wait for these black cards to come in…I really think it will help to rid the game of the cynicism that is ruining it as a spectacle. Apparently Hart is vehemently opposed to their introductory…quelle surprise.

The Tyrone players didn’t indeed resemble a team of bodybuilders…All they are missing was the fake tan. Sean Kavanagh is fucking massive, and while he remains a tremendous footballer, I definitely think carrying the extra bulk around has slowed him down.

I was surprised at the lack of urgency in Cork. Granted, that goal had been coming all through the second half but Galway were very unlucky to lose out in the end. Conor Doherty seemed to misjudge the pace of a ball rolling towards the sideline and was letting it go for a Galway line ball. One of the Cork lads didn’t give up on it and kept the ball in play, before setting up the move that led to Corks goal. Sloppy by Galway but they left very little in the tank yesterday in fairness and quite a few of them were out on their feet in the last ten minutes. Losing Danny Cummins early was also a loss as the inexperience Shane Walsh made no impact.[/quote]

Th on thing that Diarmuid Kirwan got right in th Clar Wxford gam was th injury tim. At last th bit at th nd whr h had dclard 2 minuts but thr was was clarly a minut or so of that wastd. H addd it on which allowd nough tim for Guiny to gt th goal.

It’s trribly frsutrating whn rfs dcid 2 mins of injury tim and lav it at that no mattr what has happnd sinc it was dclard.

Micky Hart is so fucking pious yt his tams hav bn incrdibly cynical sinc thy burst onto th scn.

[quote=“Appendage, post: 807409, member: 11”]Th on thing that Diarmuid Kirwan got right in th Clar Wxford gam was th injury tim. At last th bit at th nd whr h had dclard 2 minuts but thr was was clarly a minut or so of that wastd. H addd it on which allowd nough tim for Guiny to gt th goal.

It’s trribly frsutrating whn rfs dcid 2 mins of injury tim and lav it at that no mattr what has happnd sinc it was dclard.

Micky Hart is so fucking pious yt his tams hav bn incrdibly cynical sinc thy burst onto th scn.[/quote]

Can I have an E please Bob?

[quote=“Appendage, post: 807409, member: 11”]Th on thing that Diarmuid Kirwan got right in th Clar Wxford gam was th injury tim. At last th bit at th nd whr h had dclard 2 minuts but thr was was clarly a minut or so of that wastd. H addd it on which allowd nough tim for Guiny to gt th goal.

Micky Hart is so fucking pious yt his tams hav bn incrdibly cynical sinc thy burst onto th scn.[/quote]

That’s the way my grand-aunt talks after she had a stroke.

It is.

Watched 2nd half of Cork game. Cork are going the Armagh way of playing modern football, burying their head in the sand and refusing point blank not only to put an extra man back (fair enough) but don’t really have anyone covering either. Mark Collins did it for UCC so he is aware of how to play, but seemingly isn’t instructed to by Cork.

Cork have had bizarre tactics for 5-6 years now. The way they played yesterday was foolish. Inviting a young Galway team growing in confidence into them with easy channels in front of full forward line in which to kick passes. Some of Corks defending was actually brilliant considering the ball coming in. When Kissane came on he improved it though and his positioning was good.

The laziness if some Cork forwards was exposed again though and they’ll win fuck all with Goulding leaving his man create overlaps.

Cork also seem obsessed with goals, when their strength is racking up big point tallies.

But most of all, and clearly not fixable before Dublin, is the management haven’t a clue with what they are at with selection and what way they want Cork to play, an that’s transferring itself into the players who are unsure of their roles. I personally fear they have lost faith in their management and/or it’s all gone stale. Cos they look stale. Too many important players playing shite and not confident. Canty is a liability and the non playing of Kelly and Kerrigan is bizzare.

Pierce O Neill had a stormer and Paddy Kelly made a massive difference.

Very fair point didn’t think of that. Thought the likes of S o Neill was noticeably bulkier than I’d ever seen him though. He is an utter joy to watch the off the ball runs were causing consternation in first half. To fair o dowd dealt with it to some extent with sweeper in second but didn’t help when he was chasing the game

Great chance for mayo now. Donegal will probably be without 2 of their top players next weekend. Play the winners of Tyrone / Monaghan In other semi then and back into all Ireland final possibly against the dubs who they always do well against. The wait may be coming to an end.

O Neill is some man to burst through to create goal chances. Denied yesterday by a great save and the woodwork on two separate occasions. He was our best player. Sheehan came into the game far more late on when he drifted away from goal.

Agreed its bananas leaving the likes of Kerrigan andKelly on bench. Two lads who will create and draw plenty frees. Thought Collins was v poor Goulding average, Sheehan did nothing for a lot of the game, Hurley had don more than the other two in FF line by time has was taken off. Poor return from forwards overall.

Walsh might do a job at 11 but looked like a fella who was told you get it and you give it, was a few occasions he could have powered on himself but offloaded. He’s well able to carry ball and should be using his strength through middle

If hey had lost yday Counihan was surely gone ? Great servant but times up I think and time for fresh thoughts, even if they win the AI…which they def won’t.

Dublin will annihilate Cork.

Won’t annihilate them the way Cork play but I’d give us fck all chance of beating the Dubs.

Tyrone - you’re on your own. We wouldn’t want it any other way either.