The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

Freestaters fear us.

Mon Cork

http://player.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/Championship_Sunday/Championship_Sunday/2204/0/jim_mcguinness

Jim McGuiness seems to be implying that Donegal players are being targeted physically in this interview. He’s not a happy camper.

Not sure what to make of the Gollogly / McHugh collision last week - my initial impression was there wasn’t malice in it but would need to see it again.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 807526, member: 9”]

Not sure what to make of the Gollogly / McHugh collision last week - my initial impression was there wasn’t malice in it but would need to see it again.[/quote]

I thought it was bad myself.

It was a 50/50 challenge with mchugh coming out worst

Jimmy looked rattled I think. For whatever reason.

He lost it on the line last night with Justin, I think there’s pics on sportsfile/inpho if anyone wants to pop one or two up. Donegal wont beat Mayo on last nights showing.

More dangerously overeagerly incompetent i thought. He led with the head fffs sake.

Reminds me of the time croppy supposedly broke someone’s leg with his head.

He might be right about Donegal being targeted, but they are the fucking champions, what do they expect? I like Jimmy and I love that he has brought football into the 21st century, but he’s looking naive here. Just go about counter acting it. The way I would see it is I’d love my team to be targeted, it shows the opposition can’t figure out a tactical way to beat us.

Donegal were not up for Ulster final, that’s all that was wrong with them. Winning was all that mattered last night. They have a week to get the heads right.

I wasn’t impressed with Mayo at all and I wonder what their tactics are. Maybe it’s hard to judge them against London, but you’d think they’d have their style of play and stick to it. If that’s their style of play then Donegal will eat them. Having said that I have a feeling the All Ireland is opening up for Mayo.

Rankings for now

Dublin
Mayo
Donegal
Monaghan
Kerry
Tyrone
Cork
Cavan

Didn’t i nearly pay dearly for my arrogance!Fair play to Galway if we lost we could have had no complaints.We won’t beat Dublin if we play like that the next day.

No chance we’ll win unless we double te effort and pick our best players.

Dublin are not in as great form as is being made out and are over rated with some key men playing poorly, but right now they are still better than Cork.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 807724, member: 273”]No chance we’ll win unless we double te effort and pick our best players.

Dublin are not in as great form as is being made out and are over rated with some key men playing poorly, but right now they are still better than Cork.[/quote]

I think we have the players to beat anyone but we are the most poorly managed team out of all the main contenders.

Maybe we’ll still beat them in the hurling.:smiley:

What was that free for when Galvin blocked down the Galway player?

It’s very frustrating. People forget or may not even know but Counihan has been involved with the seniors for about 10-11 years in total. You go very stale and narrow minded.

Do Cork have an analysis team? I thought they had a video lad analyzing, but they may need a cold eye or more from a non selectorial/coaching member of the management team.

Surely Walsh is the man Cork should be building their team around from midfield? He’s an excellent long passer but a poor shooter, great with the play ahead of him, not behind him.

Seriously though, I think Dublin will win but it will be close.

Cork will create goal chances and they will match Dublin for pace, power and fitness. They look to have an edge in ball-winning ability around the middle but Dublin will make total shit of their defence if they’re as naive as before. Dublin’s high pressing game could also expolit Cork’s ponderous working out of the ball from the back. Graham Canty will be serious liability in this match for Cork I think.

Cork surely have to start Kerrigan and Kelly.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 807799, member: 183”]Surely Walsh is the man Cork should be building their team around from midfield? He’s an excellent long passer but a poor shooter, great with the play ahead of him, not behind him.

Seriously though, I think Dublin will win but it will be close.

Cork will create goal chances and they will match Dublin for pace, power and fitness. They look to have an edge in ball-winning ability around the middle but Dublin will make total shit of their defence if they’re as naive as before. Dublin’s high pressing game could also expolit Cork’s ponderous working out of the ball from the back. Graham Canty will be serious liability in this match for Cork I think.

Cork surely have to start Kerrigan and Kelly.[/quote]

Long term yeah Walsh is midfield but have cover there now and need a CF so worth a try. He could slot in CB just as easily IMO and make best use of passing. He won u 21 AI from CB and used to bomb forward from there.

Walsh at 6 and Kelly at 11 makes more sense than having Walsh at 11.

Cork will beat Dublin in the football and the hurling.:pint: