The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

A new screen for players to stand in front of for interviews. Has this been seen in earlier games?

Ah Kildare will give them a bit of a test. Maybe a chance they could draw Tyrone in the quarter finals too.

In Pats day, in training they went at it hammer and togs

Don’t recall seeing it. But a shoddy interview with the announcer drowning out the early part of the interview on the tannoy.

I don’t think Croke Park use Tannoy for their public address equipment.

Kildare are a bunch of meat heads they will stay with them for the first half maybe and that will be it

The Munster football championship really is a farce

Kerry 3-20 Waterford 1-4 after 30 mins second half

Here’s where a banal and cliché ridden prediction post turns out to be fairly accurate.

So that’s now Armagh, Galway, Laois, Longford and Westmeath to have shown Division 2 to be shite.

Louth were Division 2 too and they impressed against Laois. Let’s hope they turn to shite next Sunday and Wexford (another fairly average Division 2 team) can capitalise.

Alan Partridge would be proud of you:)

[quote=“Bandage, post: 780426, member: 9”]Here’s where a banal and cliché ridden prediction post turns out to be fairly accurate.

So that’s now Armagh, Galway, Laois, Longford and Westmeath to have shown Division 2 to be shite.

Louth were Division 2 too and they impressed against Laois. Let’s hope they turn to shite next Sunday and Wexford (another fairly average Division 2 team) can capitalise.[/quote]

I think it’ll be a Dublin-Louth Leinster Final with Dublin winning by 23 points. That’s a hugely enticing prospect.

I expect the last four to be Dublin, Cork, Donegal and Mayo. How’s that for sticking your neck out?

The performances of London and Cavan’s Socks Dunne have been the only real highlights of the championship so far. Heavy beatings of the small fry have been the order of the day. :frowning:

[quote=“Sidney, post: 780429, member: 183”]I think it’ll be a Dublin-Louth Leinster Final with Dublin winning by 23 points. That’s a hugely enticing prospect.

I expect the last four to be Dublin, Cork, Donegal and Mayo. How’s that for sticking your neck out?[/quote]
Donegal Kerry Dublin Mayo that’s the last 4 for me

I take it Kerry held on to beat Waterford?

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Kerry 4-21 Waterford 1-4 - Final score.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica Neue]When was the last time Cork or Kerry didn’t win Munster? Was it Clare in the early 90’s?[/FONT][/SIZE]

Waterford came back strongly with a goal but alas it was not enough to rattle Kerry.

westmeath were always going to struggle to keep the ball kicked out to Dublin today…i don´t know where lads were getting the idea they´d be within 7 points of dublin…dublin crushed div.1 teams in second gear…div. 2 beaten finalists were never going to contain them…
Connolly should have been man of the match…he´s such a classy footballer…another day he would have had 3 goals to go with 3 points…some of his passing was class too… Brennan still hasn´t enough of a presence to play centre back …he was protected by cullen under Gilroy…looks all at sea at times under gavin…bernard brogan seems to be getting greedier and greedier by the game…
will there be a clip of flynn´s shoulders today in circulation during the week or is that exclusive to the Donegal hype machine??..they are beginning to remind of the old Armagh team with all the stories about them…

[quote=“Mac, post: 780436, member: 109”][SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Kerry 4-21 Waterford 1-4 - Final score.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px][FONT=Helvetica Neue]When was the last time Cork or Kerry didn’t win Munster? Was it Clare in the early 90’s?[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
Clare in 92 wasn’t it

dara o cinneide was playing wing back for kerry that day if memory serves…:eek: .

Yep, and before that it was 1935 :confused:

The Kerry line-up for that match is on this link:
http://www.terracetalk.com/kerry-football/game/367/1992-Kerry-Vs-Clare

I’m 99% certain Dara O’Cinneide and Darragh O’Se both made their debuts for Kerry in a league match against Dublin in Killarney in October 1994 (Jason Sherlock who retired from all football today scored a goal for Dublin in the same match).