The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

It’s called Dromineer. One of my kids almost died on a plane back to the states after a visit to that shithole. Brought hatred of Tipp to a new plateau.

2 Likes

Athlone has Clonmacnoise, Rathcroghan, the Shannon, Lough Ree, etc. all within easy reach. I’d easily knock 4 days out of a holiday there. I always have had a gra for Athlone because (a) the people there are salt of the earth, and (b) 1980 when Liam came west…scenes!

Birr Castle for a day trip with the kids?

It’s a 1hr 15min spin…

Worth it?

If they are the outdoors sort, then a definite yes.

If they are looking to be amused, then no.

Bring some sort of picnic.

1 Like

It’s a lovely spot if the sun is shining, there’s a very good playground. The grounds are lovely but probably no more so than Coole Park. The telescope is cool but you’ll only knock a few minutes out of looking at it, there are a few interesting things to do with certain trees that are markers for the telescope etc. You will probably enjoy the museum yourself but it isn’t great for kids.
There is a great gift shop and if your kids are anything like mine that will make up for all sorts of boredom that came before.

1 Like

Crosshaven looked stunning today, was only passing through so haven’t a clue whether there’s much to do there but very scenic all the same.

Where were you going that you were passing through Crosshaven mate?:disappointed:
Unless you were on a boat.

Not much to do there outside of sailing. Nice town. Good food options

Loop Head was nice yesterday afternoon, the lighthouse itself is in the ha’penny place compared to Hook but there’s great walks out there with various ww2 lookouts and dolphins swimming yards from the cliffs where you’re standing.

You must be a teacher? You seem to be off wandering about the place the whole summer

1 Like

Nightmare scenario

1 Like

Which bit?

You still haven’t mentioned where you were off to when you found yourself passing through Crosshaven mate, I’m guessing even a thick cunt like yourself will realise when he’s driven around in a circle and is heading back the same road he came in.

Fuck off you nosy prick.

:joy: Fucking hell you’re more pathetic than I even banked on. Not like you ever paid a bit of interest in me is it :rollseyes:
I have fuck all interest in your seemingly pathetic life of valeting cars and acting the cunt on the Internet but as you seem intent on belittling me at every opportunity I wondered how you found yourself passing through a cul de sac. I have no reason to doubt that you were in Crosshaven yesterday, I know you make up most of the shit you talk about here but that is pointless.

He must have been going up to Camden Fort. Would be a lovely place to live if you didnt need to deal with Carriagline going to work in the mornings.

Indeed. I spent lots of summer fortnight’s up in Graball bay as a child.
Camden is in Crosshaven though. Assuming he got out of the van I’d have thought he did more than pass through. Anyway I await the rollseyes or possibly a funny gif.

I’d like a few suggestions for a hotel within an hours drive of Dublin for filthy night midweek night away.

Hotel must have a Spa.

Carton House
Powerscourt
Druids Glen

2 Likes

Would Liam Griffins no kids hotel at Monart be too far, heard its a good spot for couples

Heritage Killenard

2 Likes