The official Roman Catholic thread

Je suis Vogue

Yeah Fr Frank mate. Iā€™m still attending Yellow Walls

Itā€™s a shocker isnā€™t it. He was so good at the 10.30 mass and for the communion year. He will be very hard to replace

Iā€™m upset

Hope the church goers let him know how much we appreciated him

1 Like

He got a prolonged round of applause at the end of his sermon. I was reeling to be honest. So much so that I donā€™t think I recovered til we were half way through the creed

7 Likes

He will be missed

I know an auld fella that used to go there to get his rocks off, heā€™s a mate of mines father. Is it still going?

I donā€™t know to be honest.fairly sure it was actually advertised at one stage in the Limerick postā€¦I do know two apes who tried to get in their one night and it didā€™nt happen for them anyway after a feed of liqour.

I wouldā€™nt even dream of going near it myself being honest.

Embarrassed by your small mickey?

Its as fat and big as my square head kid.

@thedancingbaby

that was very emotional

Did he get upset again this morning mate ?

We all did

1 Like

Oh dear.

Cardinal George Pell: Vatican official charged with multiple sexual offences

Heā€™s not exactly just a Vatican Official. This man is the most senior Catholic cleric ever to have come out of Australia. Heā€™s a Cardinal and the Vatican Prefect for the Secretariat of the Economy, in other words the CFO of the Catholic Church and third most senior Catholic cleric in the worldwide church itself. And heā€™s being charged with a litany of historic sexual abuse offences, including rape and buggery.
I very much doubt he will be convicted though.
In saying that, it has been proven by the Royal Commission into Institutional Response to Sexual Abuse, that for decades he facilitated and covered up the most heinous sexual abuse of children by a multitude of priests. The Royal Commission itself noted last year that he had flat out lied in his testimony to it.
He allowed the abuse of hundreds if not thousands of children to occur, well aware it was happening, even if he was not partaking in it himself.
He then compounded this by setting up the Melbourne Response. This was his answer to abuse allegations, he lauds it as being the first Church response anywhere in the world to deal with their victims. And deal with them he did. It was a disaster for the victims, capping compensation, making sure NDAā€™s were signed all over the place, using every legal means possible to bury allegations, denigrate victims and protect the assets of the church. On top of the abuse they suffered at the hands of priests given licence by George Pell, the victims then suffered massively at the hands of Cardinal George Pell through this process.
He is a creep. He is an utterly odious bastard. I would sincerely love to see him die in prison, but I doubt that will happen.
I found it strange that the Vatican rushed to support him and laud his ā€œhonestyā€ when he has been demonstrably shown in a legal setting to be an outright liar.

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t this be in the Australia is an awful shithole thread?

The news that the third most senior Catholic in the world has been charged with child sexual abuse offences? I think this would be the most relevant thread.

1 Like

Whatā€™s a Royal Commission?

Itā€™s like a Tribunal, only it doesnā€™t cost as much.

The third most senior cleric in the Roman Catholic church has arrived at the magistrates court in Melbourne for the first hearing of multiple child sexual abuse charges against him.

i was at a lovely outdoor mass on Monday night in a graveyard in the middle of the country so i was, it was packed with sound out honest decent people standing at the graves of their loved ones. It was beautiful.
Id hate to be a fucking heathen.

2 Likes