The official Roman Catholic thread

Death has been defeated

Sure arenā€™t you just great altogether. Happy Easter.

I am

And will you be saying mass yourself or will you be leaving it to the priest?

tenor%20(1)

4 Likes

Today is a right little treat for Roman Catholics. We get dressed up into our very best clothes and we get one of the best masses of the year.
Iā€™ll be at 11. All my family will be with me.
The pajentry and the choir will bring me to the verge of tears. It always does. It touches me deep inside my soul.
Iā€™ll give my youngest ā‚¬20 to put into the basket.

5 Likes

Off in the car later on to seek out some Mary Magdalene type no doubt

10 Likes

:laughing:

This is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Happy are those who are called to his supper. Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.

12 Likes

Just back from the half nine family Mass, it was a joy to see, Fr Jospeh really brought the children in to it, not a sermon as such, he put on a headpiece and started interacting with the children in the congregation,he had a clicker and used some great holy images up on a big screen, tremendous use of modern technology. After receiving communion I was forced to reflect on a few uncomfortable thoughts and confront them as I meditated. God it was a great Mass, it would really gee you up for the day, We defeated death today. Very happy to report the baskets were bulging with money, Creme Eggs for all the children too after, a tremendous organisation

7 Likes

A scatter of Baby Jemmies for the more loyal attendees such as your good self would have rounded it off nicely.
Always next year eh?

Estore transferred a bird into a hare and it left her eggs as appreciation and thatā€™s where the easter bunny came from. Did the ā€˜fatherā€™ tell ye this in this mornings sermon guys?

Lads, some tips for a good Mass experience, get in early
Set aside 10-15 minutes and create a suitable environment by removing all distractions. Make sure you are comfortable, maybe light a candle
Make the sign of the cross and remain still for a minute of silence
Call to mind the love that God has for you. Remember that through the scripture, that our lord is present. Read the gospel to yourself, slowly picking out a few key words and focus on them, meditate on them, enter into a dialogue with God

1 Like

What are you smoking bud?

He must be on the wacky backy this morning.

I actually havenā€™t smoked a joint in a few months tbh. Iā€™d only take a smoke now if it was handed to me on a night out. The easter bunner story is bastardised from a germanic pagan religion, like most other stories in Christianity. Sorry for your troubles, mate

Whereā€™s your proof?

1 Like

:smile: :clap:
Brilliant,

Who would have thought the lad trying to buy drugs off some lad on the Internet on Christmas Day would be a heathen?

Judge not. Is that not what the Bible says?