The Official Superhero Movie Thread

Going to see it Saturday, it seems every critic so far agrees Leto did a great job with The Joker.

Watched this last night. It’s a hell of a lot more coherent and watchable than what they released to the Cinema.
My verdict on the Cinema version was:

The extended version first two hours are very good. Character motivations are much clearer and well developed. Then you have to deal with everything from Martha onwards. It’s probably 3/3.5 stars territory. The original was a charitable 2 star.

1 Like

So Suicide Squad apparently needs about $750m to breakeven. Without China. Good fucking luck with that.

A clusterfuck of a shambles of a mess. DC universe is in serious trouble. Worse final act than the Cinematic BvS.

I have very little hope for Wonder Woman. And it’d be a miracle if they pull off a decent Justice League movie. Geoff Johns should really start from scratch.

Is it that bad? seems to be no middle ground with this film you either love or hate it, il find out myself tomorrow I suppose!

1 Like

Surely worth it for Harley Quinn and those hot pants though! Also did you see your fellow village man on thank gaa it’s Friday. Thought he came across very well myself. Is he anywhere near the senior team ?

A bit of Transformers logic there. Yeah, yeah transformers is great. Megan Fox is so hot.

Don’t know who you’re talking about. I don’t watch that show.

1 Like

Mikey Drennan was on it. Worth a watch.

Ah right yeah. Worth a look. I heard he came on in a junior game and scored something ridiculous in a half. Tomorrow is probably the first time a Kilkenny team have started a game without a Village man in about 20 years.

I liked it definitely not worth some of the terrible reviews, mind you some ridiculous plot lines and the bullshit they pulled with Slipknot was disgraceful. Margot nailed Harley and we got just enough of Leto to see he could be very promising as the Joker,If they took the gamble and went with a darker take like the very first trailer promised it could have been so much better.

Its actually a tricky movie to rate. Because parts of it actually work pretty well. Parts of it are well written, we’ll acted and quite entertaining.

But the main villain is so genericly rubbish that any kind of drama in the final act either falls totally flat or is so over dramatic that it becomes laughably bad.

While the music in the movie contains a number of well known songs, they’re used in a really clumsy bang you over the head kind of way. Like they are begging us to like the movie. I’ve seen the music in this compared to the music in Guardians. The way the music is used in guardians is actually a plot line that works.

It’s kind of annoying that there are good characters and a good movie hidden somewhere in the middle of all this but what they gave us had too many hands on it by the time it was released.

Robbie, Leto and Smith were all very good. Especially Smith. Slipknot served a single brief purpose. Katana was pretty pointless. A couple of others didn’t really have much material to work with.

From the sounds of the reports coming out about the production it sounds quite similar to what happened to Josh Trank on F4. Ayers made a dark gritty movie and the studio chickened out of releasing it. Instead they brought in an outside team to reshoot parts to make it lighter. And in the end you’re left with neither.

1 Like

Did you see the mid credits scene? seems DCs larger plan is to give both the Justice league and suicide squad characters their own individual movies as we had already known before doing a massive versus movie a few years down the line, plenty of time to turn the thing around the most important piece will be getting Affleck and Leto to bring a refreshing take on the old rivals.

Yeah, that mid credit scene is completely undercut by the trailer for Justice League that they had already released. Total lack of joined up thinking. They’re in too much of a rush to show us stuff. Much like the Doomsday trailer.

I’m assuming the flash solo will be flash vs boomerang.

Are you sweet talkin me?? all of that chit chats gonna get ya hurt!! all those flashback scenes were great.

The Harley back story should really be a movie in itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lInkCWUpD-o

No, the most importance piece will be getting rid of Zack Snyder. They backed the wrong horse big time there.

Couple of new trailers [Guardian 2 and Logan] and the trailer for Dr.Strange which is out this Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GUoFyiNUPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22iu8byk5C8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM

Dr. Strange is ok. Good in parts, but a bit tedious in others. 6.5/10
Standard enough origin story. I’m not gone on Benedict Cumberbatch.
I think he’ll be better in the bigger ensembles but here he was a bit meh.

Star of the show is the cloak.

The first post credit scene was probably worth the cinema ticket alone.

1 Like

There was more than one?

One mid credit, one end credit.

1 Like