The Official Superhero Movie Thread

:joy: are ye still at it? Ye gimps

1 Like

Went to it last night. Bloated mess is accurate enough. The first 100 mins is decent. The final act is a clusterfuck

Second series of Daredevil is a mixed bag as well Good in parts, hammy and weak in others. Punisher is a really good character. Strong enough first 7-8 episodes. Loses its way at the end with alot of convoluted nonsense.

Civil War, better than Winter Soldier, there I said it.

The first season bored me, can’t imagine liking this one.

Oh God there is always one simpleton that manages to misinterpret the easiest of things. I’ll dumb it down for you kid.

I’m pleased to report that the film Captain America: Civil War which has just been released into Irish cinemas as of yesterday is unexpectedly better than its hugely acclaimed predecessor Captain America: Winter Soldier.

2016 League Table looks like this:

1. Civil War
  2. Deadpool
  3. Batman v Superman

4 Weeks away from X-Men Apocalypse. And Suicide Squad and Dr.Strange release before the year is out.
What a time to be alive.

1 Like

What in sweet fuck did you dumb down for me you utter tard.

Seeing CW on Tuesday, Deadpool was good craic.

@cluaindiuic - have you come across Slaine (from 2000AD)? During a recent house move I came across the entire collection. And Jim Fitzpatrick’s Book of Conquests and Silver Arm… proper superheroes, Irish style!

Nope, I’m not really a reader of comic books.

Meh, I never checked which message you replied to.

1 Like

Happy X-Men Apocalypse day.

Please don’t be shite. Please.

Il go see it late Friday after work, let us know your opinions pal.

I’ve been assured its shit

Going in hope rather than expectation

As will I

Might be going tonight. I’ll report back.

Saw civil war last night. Brilliant! Despite the length it was very entertaining all through.

Alrhough a quibble is that there’s no way captain America beats iron man in a fight, or even that his team beat iron man’s team in the big team fight. So unrealistic.

I was fine with how it played out. Didn’t have any total whoppers. Some small things here and there but generally worked well. People complaining about the villain being weak is a bit baffling. The villain I thought was excellent and essentially won for once.

Xmen, way better than I expected. Easy 4 star if not better. Not perfect but not nearly as bad as some of the reviews suggest. Very happy with the future of the franchise.

Pretty good all in all. Lots of quibbles to be had with it, my main ones being magneto playing second fiddle for any length of time and how shit nightcrawler looked. Worth the entry price for the scene where Quiksilver saves everyone from the explosion in the mansion.

Maybe reword that a little so its not a total mini spoiler. :smile:

I didn’t have much of a problem with Nightcrawler. I thought the young ones were excellent.
Poor Jubilee must be a fucking horrific actress. Practically zero screen time.