The official TFK ask Ambrose about books thread

Mate, if youā€™re going to enjoy a bit of downtime in a nice hotel bar, with a good book, you only go on a monday - Thursday. Only a fucking weirdo would go when thereā€™s a wedding on :rollseyes:

If your not staying in the hotel and you have a book to read in the bar then youā€™re a fucking weirdo full stop.

There is no where more peaceful than a quiet sitting room with a nice drink when the kids are all tucked in and quiet.

Donā€™t get me wrong, sometimes I head for a pint with The Phoenix or whatever under the arm when I think the head might explode but the local is different.

I wouldnā€™t switch me sitting room for the corner of a hotel for ā€˜downtimeā€™ until your cows come home.

Iā€™m here in the Left Bank in Kilkenny and @Ambrose_McNulty is across the way reading a book on his own drinking a pint.

7 Likes

Good old @Ambrose_McNulty

Not me, but that man brims confidence. Heā€™s old school with an actual book.

1 Like

I think I posted about it on here at the time, but the best I ever saw was outside the gingerman in Dublin one evening, one lad reading a book aloud to his three enraptured companions.

5 Likes

@Ambrose_McNulty, I may have to spend an evening in Kilmallock in the next fortnight. Can you recommend somewhere to have a pint and read a book in comfort, or is it a complete shithole?

Iā€™ve often heard that the nicest and safest place in Kilmallock is the halting site. You could chance there.

2 Likes

My next question was if there was any place there to buy a wrought iron gate for the side of the house. Two birds, one stone. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit blurred. Had you a few pints on you?

Iron Mikes for a pint. stay in Deebert house. You could both pint and stay in the Golden Spur and also find out from Mikey Fitz the team for the Clare match.

ā€œI may have toā€. You should be thrilled.

1 Like

Iā€™ll send you a PM

Do you come down there to stay with the in laws often?

4 Likes

:smile:

They wouldnā€™t take too kindly to book reading types in Kilmallock.

2 Likes

We have a library.

With books?

Of a sort

Oh look! A comedian.

1 Like