The Official TFK Farming Thread

That’s udderly beautiful.

Titillating.

There was an academic study carried out in Finland in the early 90s. It found that the introduction of more mechanical milking parlours and the subsequent sounds that they generated left the farmers feeling like they’d lost control of the soundscape. By playing the radio and music, they felt they’d reclaimed the space aurally. Fascinating stuff

1 Like

Improves milk yields aswell…apparently

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30714525_1682055905217226_7285309731487350784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeF0sOtyyX1Y_UiCfi4v-SwIzeUnaQ2FtgNh3ZkaBFiM67Lt-124CznRQiPOftDGJ4sXjZZ5o0XpXHrX-alkiJ8TElWEtFUfYlOpRVTIJAhxuw&oh=73596730476e0aac685b8ee321b6f042&oe=5B55EF0A

Live from Shannon Airport

2 Likes

Townie cunts just wouldnt get it.

https://twitter.com/PFoy1981/status/987088958935961601

3 Likes

thats a lovely little tweet

1 Like

Good man Padraig. You’re great. And you’re not charging him either.

6 Likes

It’s not a good deed these days unless you can tell everyone on the internet about it. That’s the way it’s gone now

2 Likes

So selfless too and humble. Not looking for anything in return only a heap of social media likes.

1 Like

that’s why I gave up using the internet 3 months ago

17 Likes

Pádraig wouldn’t be the type to just do his good neighbour a turn? Sounds like a prick

a neighbour of mine Andy Murray helped me out with a personal issue a few years ago. He didn’t go on tweeter looking for attention over it

4 Likes

Was Andy Murray sleeping rough on the bench next to you at the time?

5 Likes

That’s outstanding.:clap:

2 Likes

Im absolutely delighted with that reaction

2 Likes

I’m thinking of getting a handful of sheep and to slaughter their lambs for my own table and maybe give a lamb to my own folks and herselfs folks as well when the time comes to put them to sleep. I assume they are savage low maintenance. But what exactly would be involved? Would i be able to take a week or two holiday and would they be fine left alone in a field etc.? Do they need help with lambing, would i have to wait up all night looking at them? @KinvarasPassion @Ambrose_McNulty

Cheaper to buy in the butchers judging from the line of questioning tbh.

1 Like

@buffegan will know everything about maintaining sheep