The Official TFK Farming Thread

Farmers are always trying to make out what they do is really hard and unprofitable and inventing some crisis or another to keep us away from it.
Lads on here trying to pretend sheep farming is hard now, when all they do is fuck em out on the mountain and hope they are still there when it’s time to eat them.
@Smark could blow the cartel wide open.

5 Likes

+1

@Smark, go for it. Don’t mind them begrudgers.

Letting smark care for any of Gods creature is akin to letting Dougal do a funeral. Will you not be encouraging him.

2 Likes

Fuck you.
@Smark went from not knowing a poodle from a Rottweiler to becoming one of the top greyhound handlers in the country. I have absolutely no doubt but if he applies himself to sheep as he did to dogs then he will make a right go out of it.

Fucking greyhounds, overgrown rats, that’d be about right :rollseyes:

I wouldn’t give up on the lamb fantasy just yet. Plenty of farmers will throw you a few pet lambs. You can rear them for meat without any hassle.
They’re useless as far as eggs are concerned though

I have a few hens and ducks, they are in a secure pen and shed, they go to bed of their own accord. I just lock the door later on in the evening.

A pig would be right job @Smark

Any bother with foxes lurking about trying to get into the hen house?

+1 no minding them. Serious conversion to meat too, you fatten a pig for killing in a few months and they’d eat scraps from those big dinners that @Smark aytes.

2 Likes

Charcuterie seems to be catching on in a big way. A tyrone pig farmer is up for the BBC food and farming awards… Ispini charcuterie

No, the only hens we lost were to my own terrier

I think what we’re forgetting here in the various warnings to @Smark about keeping livestock is the opportunity for the great man to justify owning a pump actioned shotgun.
Just imagine the posts for the ages we’d get from a tooled up @smark

I suggested the .22
You’d have bother hitting a fox with a shotgun… But I see where you’re coming from!

Didn’t bother my nephew recently when he took out one with his pump actioned after it got a load of his chickens

1 Like

Fair enough. Will you apologise to him for me?

I’m not going near him…

2 Likes

The very nice man from Cratloe hills sheeps cheese was just on a thing called rare breed there on TV3, he sells his excellent cheese on Saturday mornings in Limerick market with a smile on his face, I’d ususlly have a chat with him, one of the kids isn’t suited to cows milk and he has a good product, I also met a lovely sheep farmer in Cashel last year, looking after sheep must be good for the soul @Smark, give up whatever old high fallutin job you have in the city and look after yourself, I’d say you’d live to 110

1 Like

Is that the fella with the grey beard a strong looking older chap? He does be down the centre aisle selling cheeses each week. Cheese wouldn’t be my thing so I’ve never actually bought off him. I’d often buy eggs from Declan next door to him though.

No, I know your lad as well though, there’s a girl next to them again called Wild Fig that does unbelievable (mostly vegetarian) quiches, lasagnes as well as breads.

But the sheeps cheese fella sells his stuff at the end of the flying cheese brigade stall over in front of country choice, he’s the nicest fella you’d ever meet, you should have a chat with him about the lambs