The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

What do you like about the dress Mike?

I think itā€™s nice on her. The wife doesnā€™t like the colour but they both picked it out so I donā€™t see the issue. I said as much but I get the impression that I would be better off staying out of it

3 Likes

Tell your wife sheā€™s very lucky if the colour is the only thing she sees wrong with the dress.

15 Likes

I think deep down its the fact that itā€™s her first night out as well and all of a sudden sheā€™s not a baby anymore. Iā€™ll have a chat with her later when it settles down.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll have to have a chat with her about the drinkā€¦

I know. Donā€™t even know how to approach that one. I can say with hand on heart I never had a drop after mine but that was 32 years ago and Iā€™m not so naive as to think there wonā€™t be drink available somewhere during the day.

For my JC results one of the lads sisters got us a few cans for the bus to cork and a naggin. :joy:

1 Like

What did you give her in return?

The price of the drink and 20 quid for her troubles

I donā€™t envy you parents as it must be a tricky balancing act. You donā€™t want to put ideas in their heads by saying ā€œdonā€™t even think about drinkingā€ or even ā€œif youā€™re tempted to drink then stay with your friends and stick togetherā€. So do you just saying nothing at all other than ā€œhave a good night and look after yourselvesā€. I donā€™t know the best way to approach it but Iā€™ve every faith that youā€™ll handle it with aplomb.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just glad itā€™s this week and not next as I am in Dublin Monday and Tuesday and then have to go to the UK for ten days.
So Iā€™ll be around at least

Tell her you will give her 50 euro voucher if she doesnt drink. No point going softly on it just bribe her

3 Likes

Show her a photo of @ChocolateMice in hospital from drink. Say he is a good e-pal of yours and he would recommend not cutting loose just yet but to save herself for her early 30s

8 Likes

I got absolutely smashed on my JC results night. Fell over a wall in Salthill park and whacked my head. All part of growing up really.

3 Likes

A female friend of mine drank about 7 tequilas in an hour for junior cert happy hour in the local and went to the toilet. About a half hour later she was being lifted out over the door of the cubicle by the bar staff having just KOd as soon as she sat down. She hardly even went out for her leaving cert results she was so embarrassed still.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the type of local you want.

I also got shitfaced, bro. But, I got the shift & a partook in some heavy petting. Good times.

1 Like

The lead on one of the radio news this morning was that there would be breath tests at the entry to some venues tonight? Is this some sort of hoax to scare the youngsters?

Or an attempt to dodge a possible lawsuit.
My own daughter was telling me that there will be breath tests at her gig tonight.
Just dropped her in there. As cool as a breeze she is.
Sheā€™s worked out some kind of convoluted sliding scale reward scheme for her results which I suspect is a win lose for her and going to cost me a nice few bob later

3 Likes

Iā€™d stick your head in the ground and pretend itā€™s not happening.