The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Any cunt of a bar man (or woman) who serves such an individual should be arrested.

2 Likes

Agreed. It was 1993 though so probably past statute of limitations

Part of growing up @iron_mike - from here on in youā€™ll be losing more and more control over her lifeā€¦ Pick and choose battles but all you can do is drive home the idea that no matter how bad a situation might seem or how mad she thinks you might get, that she can and should always turn to you if she or friends get in trouble ā€” Most importantly, She needs to subscribe to the Mouse family motto - Never leave a man behindā€¦ 15-21 are god awful years.

3 Likes

Would you fuck off you cunt of a human being. 15-21 are the very best years of any persons life.

2 Likes

My parents stumped up half the cash for a stereo (double cassette with CD player!!) when I came back with a few As from my JC back in the day.

Went to the Doon disco (cc East Limerick forumites) which would have been our spot then. I was a young looking 15 and found it tricky to get into the pubs there. Managed to get into one, get a pint in my hand (someone else ordered it) and then have it swiped out of my hand and sent out the door by the barman.

Think I got a half can of Carling that night, the shift and a bag of curry chips. 20 years ago this week!

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œChocolateMice, post:6164, topic:13269ā€]
Most importantly, She needs to subscribe to the Mouse family motto - Never leave a man behind.[/quote]

Ouch.

What a dig at Big @Phil_Leotardo and @caulifloweredneanderthal.

1 Like

Donā€™t drag me into this. I missed out on a trip to Limerickā€™s premier nightclub as I was looking after him

Sure they are - Maybe back in the 60s they were when you were married off at 21 and had ten kids by 31 ā€” Times have changed. Mid 20s is where itā€™s at.

1 Like

wow, you are offering parenting advice now.

I had 3 pints and got smashed! But it was after my Inter Cert results, Iā€™m off to the Shit that makes you feel Old thread

2 Likes

Best of luck to all TFK fathers who kids are getting their results today

Yeah, you looking for some? Drop me a PM there kid and iā€™ll sort you.

what do ye do with the childerens allowance lads? the thought just occurred to me there when @ChocolateMice was offering parental advice that we must have 30 or 40 k stashed away in an account somewhere
youd feel guilty about it really if you thought too hard about it but we will lob it back into the economy when the young lads go to third level i suppose

If you have 30-40K, fair play. College wont be long making it small

I bought a few 5 star limousine heifers mate.

3 Likes

Guys are there any apps that work on iPad that save cartoons etc rather than stream them? Preferably free. Needed for littler on a flight/hotel room soon.

that this may come under ā€œthats not what I asked forā€, but I use an app called Videoder on android devices. It may be on IOS? works quite well.

1 Like

Are they good leppers?

Iā€™ll must take a picture a wall that one of them hopped last Saturday. She never left a hoof on it.

2 Likes

Yeah, most of them would put a lot of the offerings in the RDS in August in the shadeā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes