The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Great news @Locke
The lovely wavy hair won’t last long

2 Likes

auto correct is great at times and makes you look an idiot other times!

Congratulations @locke and Mrs. Locke. :clap:

1 Like

Congratulations Locke

1 Like

Sorry to derail the thread from good spirits but my young lad (8) came home from training last night in a bad way as he is being bullied by another lad at training. Apparently been going on the last couple of weeks. (His mother is usually the one that goes to his Wednesday trainings with him ) my blood is boiling since. This other young lad is a proper little prick . I know two people who have moved their children out of the school they attended with him because of his bullying. My own young lad luckily goes to another school. The other young lads father is a scumbag who hasn’t been around since he was a baby and his mother is a junkie in and out of rehab so his aunt is looking after him and to be fair she’s not the worst. Probably trying her best. . That’s why I’m slow to go out all guns blazing to her . I had to go down the route of having a proper chat with my own lad in how to deal with it himself. Basically told him to face your man down if he doesn’t stop and tell him he will fuck him up beyond belief if it doesn’t stop, I reminded him to put on the maddest most psychotic face he could muster while doing it just in case the little toerag might think he is not 100% serious. Then as a very final thought if this doesn’t work he is to call on his older brother (who trains directly after them to put the fear of God in the little prick. I’ll update next week as to how it goes.

13 Likes

Is @TreatyStones asleep at the wheel here? :open_mouth:

1 Like

No Treatystones is GAA only.

Blasted soccer ball.

Good luck pal. What sort of bullying is it - verbal or physical or bit of both.

It’s more verbal. But seems to be really in your face stuff. This other young lad is far bigger than my own lad as well though which might be intimidating.

Don’t know where he’d learn to do that

6 Likes

This is a tricky one mate, first thing is to bring it to the attention of the coaches etc, facing the bully down rarely works.

The coaches and the CWO need to know about this immediately. Also let them know anout what’s going on in the schools too.

1 Like

Fucking tricky. My older lad is a bit withdrawn and at some sports stuff he gets a bit of stick. He reacts and makes it worse.

His younger brother was getting a bit of stick on the street by older kids so he went into House and brought them out chocolate bars. They were singing “we love you [name] we do” five minutes later.

A lesson in there somewhere

TBH these avenues have been tried by other parents. In school and other clubs. Seems to have made little difference.

This young lad has an ADHD diagnosis which seems to be getting him a bit of a free ride

1 Like

:clap:

You or your kid will not be able to change the bully. If your young lad stands up to him but is much smaller he could be in for a hiding. Think about what’s best for your little fella. Leave your own feelings out of it. Is taking him out of training an option?

Taking him out of training for me is the worst possible thing and is not an option. Sets a completely wrong example for everyone involved . I think it’ll be safe enough for my young lad. Like I said his big brother will be around. I’ll be there myself and he doesn’t have to go to school with this young lad and has little interaction with him outside of this sport so it can be controlled .

Why would he do that FFS? Tell him punch the little prick square in the nose, if he takes a few punches after that so be it. Most bully’s have no interest in a lad who fights back and they’ll move on to someone else.

7 Likes