The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Most likely. No. Not at all. In a training situation with a few people with eyes only on this situation. Iā€™m more than confident that it is a said environment , I wouldnā€™t be doing it this way otherwise.

or a can of dutch gold to the head?

3 Likes

Fuck it. Iā€™ve thought about it. Send him in the next night tooled up with a blade. Send out the message now before it escalates.

Hello life.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I tell my young fella. I tell him he might get a few digs first, second, even third time, but if he is hit, he should strike back. If the bully knows he will get a least a decent chance of a slap, he will move on.
Iā€™m not sure this is right in this day and age though.
Itā€™s most likely to happen at school, who would just punish both, most likely with suspension.

Interestingly, I had a chat with an Irish lad who had done two terms in the French foreign legion about just this. His basic advice in ā€œstrangerā€ encounters was
A. Run
B. If you cannot escape, hit the cunt, or one of the cunts hard, and then run like fuck.
Fighting, even if you win, is a mugs game, was his opinion.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what Krav Maga teaches you

Have I mentioned the Krav Maga machine gun disarm maneouvre before

Thatā€™s a bit like when you decide to argue with Kev.

2 Likes

No, but could come in handy if I got in a row in the 51 (which I may well have a sup in on Friday night if itā€™s quiet)

The principal walked in to my class one day and without warning or saying anything, boxed me in the side of the head. He must have felt he had to explain himself so told everyone ā€œhe was fightingā€ and walked out. LOL.

1 Like

if it doesnt come naturally then childeren need to learn to stand up for themselves within their peer group.
unfortunately somebodies kid is going to get bullied today, and tomorrow, and next week. its each individual parents responsibility to do what they can do to ensure their kid is 1. not an easy target and 2. that they are equiped to deal with it should they come face to face with it.
running to the teacher is not a life lesson id like my childeren to learn.

3 Likes

Thatā€™ll teach you that physical violence is wrong.

:+1:

Itā€™s horrible.

1 Like

Would you go with a different brand?

In a recent episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry starts dating a woman who has a son that has Aspergerā€™s. Larry tells Jeff that he reckons the kid is putting it on, and heā€™s just a prick, so starts to use the excuse himself that he is ā€˜on the spectrumā€™ to get away with shit he says.

I guess its funnier when you watch it

10 Likes

One of the twins is going through this a bit too. Told him to stand with feet shoulder width apart, hands down by his side. Tell the other fella that he doesnā€™t like what heā€™s saying and to stop. If he chap continues then tell him that heā€™s asked him to stop and now they have to fight, told him to ask him if he wants to fight now or later. If the other chap doesnā€™t back down and says ā€˜nowā€™, told the young fella to hit him square on the jaw, showed him repeatedly where to hit him. Told him to step forward and hit him in the same place again. If he hits the deck to hit him one more time, then walk away. No kicks, no roaring, no are you alright and sorry etc. Sends the message out. Even if he takes a licking off the other chap the rest of the class know heā€™s not to be messed with.
Discussed it with his teacher too, sheā€™s aware and is on the look out for any bullying but she knows what heā€™s been told, sheā€™s grand with it.

6 Likes

As long as it doesnā€™t turn out to be the brother :grinning:
Daddy said it was ok.

4 Likes