The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

oh her fucking cough can be softened pretty quickly from my experience

Our lad is just gone 12 weeks and he is getting them on Fridayā€¦ absolutely dreading it.

1 Like

Countdown is on until then.

Hmmm, Mrs on there now, he has finally succumbed to chicken pox now so they wont happen now until he is over themā€¦ Flock!

you sound like you need to have a good row with your wife to clear the air
youā€™re at work trying to earn a living and you are getting fed shit like this when she is on paid maternity leave
itll be you paying the creche fees in 3 months pal when she is swanning off buying new dresses in Massimo Dutti to fit her new little nicely toned figure
cc @HBV

1 Like

jesus lads what are yer young lads made of!ive two wee girls and both of them had the injections not a bother on them.cried for maybe 30/60 seconds and that was the end of it!

the wife was a bigger issue!!

2 Likes

The middle lady had to give a sample of blood recently and got thick with the doctor as opposed to crying.

5 Likes

Sounds like many the Galway woman Iā€™ve known

1 Like

Our youngest lad had bloods taken in mid December to be tested for pretty much everything as he keeps getting infections that no-one can find the source of. We were told that no news is good news but to ring back in January if we wanted to check. Mrs Mac rang yesterday and yer mans secretary read her out the results and then paused nervously before saying sheā€™d get the doctor to ring back to talk through ā€˜the restā€™ later in the day.

No sign of a phone call so she rings again this morning and gets the doctor himself. He says all the results are fine and everything is ok. She asks about the childs CRP or something and yer man starts ruffling paper and then says the results are well outside the expected range. Follows it up by saying a few other tests are well outside the expected range too and to make an appointment. Weā€™re fairly sure he was reading back another childs results to us at the start!

ffsā€¦

Dear Lord Mac I hope everything is going to be ok. I really do hope that youā€™re not bullshitting here and just looking for attention.

1 Like

Christ, that would drive you demented. All the best @mac, been a cunt of a winter for infections

2 Likes

Managing Cattle is some much easier.

1 Like

best of luck mate

must be very stressful

1 Like

Re reading that post I actually do hope youā€™re bullshitting.

This a Gorey doc?

Crazy stuff. Iā€™d be bringing the little lad to a different doctor from now on. Hope all works out ok.

1 Like

The injections donā€™t really bother them, its the post-vaccinal fever that we are talking about that occurs 6-12 hours later and can last for 2-3 days. Between 1- 10% of kids get it.

I donā€™t bullshit in the Equine or Fathers Issues thread mate.

A consultant in Wexford Hospital. He famously told us last December that our then 7 week old child would ā€˜probablyā€™ be fine if we took him home with bronchiolitis after heā€™d been assessed in Wexford but wouldnā€™t guarantee heā€™d be ok. Needless to say, we chose to stay in hospital after that confidence booster.

When he saw him again a few months back and he clicked we had VHI and he could see us privately in Ely he was all over us as he saw the ā‚¬ā‚¬ā€™s. Weā€™ve asked for the results to be sent out to us and weā€™ll take them to someone who might have a bit of a clue what theyā€™re talking about.

Heā€™ll be fine mac.