The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Best of luck anyway mate and donā€™t be stuck

Thanks. I am desperate to get working, hopefully we can get the website up soon for starters, herself is absolutely wrecked now. But a few days and sheā€™ll be fine.
As Neil Young once sang ā€œitā€™s easy to get buried in the pastā€ but I donā€™t work that way except holding grudges, both personal and sporting injustices.
Itā€™s the worst to stop still and allow things eat you up. Such a waste. Unfortunately itā€™s unavoidable, but I feel like that architect guy running towards his faulty garage door (iirc) grabbing his hat and grinning and moving forward. I got lucky. Holy shit did I get lucky.

Just want to offer all the help anyone could want if they have any interest in the therapeutic tools which as far as I, my girl, and anyone I meet today can see, have allowed me to completely overhaul my mindset in almost every department. I donā€™t care who scoffs, they work for me and if even the greatest sceptic is out of options itā€™s something I feel worth investigating. I wish I could write an essay but unfortunately that is how things are.
I was past the edge and down the bottom of the ravine. In quicksand. Iā€™m happy today and can do most anything. No therapists, SSRIs, no lobotomy. ā€¦
I think that is fairly impressive.

6 Likes

Take it from someone who knows. That is fairly impressive. Well done, young man.

3 Likes

Thank you Fagan, I am nothing special but the tools are and I have the knack of being able to use them. Most people are just sortof speechless. Because it was so black. The two weeks when I knocked myself out at 5:30pm because I couldnā€™t stand to exist were the worst. When not even a fuckload of booze can calm you or even induce sleep. ā€¦man that was rough. Beyond anything. If thereā€™s worse I pray I can get through it again.

I still know nothing. And who knows it might hit me and I end up with the boys drinking by the canal. Itā€™s a helluva thing to know exactly how they feel. Itā€™s been one helluva a trip. My number one thing is to make sure no one goes through it (a chance sighting by Artā€¦ ) and that they know what to do. Also leaving people with zero news for up to 8 weeks is either a specially designed test and I am about to go into espionage or unnecessary and absolute torture. I can get Paul Kimmage on it, maybe @artfoley can help out.
Simple fact is if AFR wasnā€™t an ill-tasted perv, Rocko might never have started this illustrious establishment and if my girl didnā€™t stalk me to here, I would be dead and Wexford would have lost a cracking prospect. I think things should be a bit more firmed up.

3 Likes

Mind me asking what these tools are? Take care by the way ā€¦ with the highs come the lows. Hope it all goes to plan.

Thanks.

All used in Spain where it was legal naturally, but I refer to the stuff that we were told makes you clinically insane, unable to fly a plane, makes you think you can fly.
After. ā€¦30-40 varieties I still canā€™t get off the ground. ā€¦

Very quiet around here. Where are all the superdads??

1 Like

Tired after been woke around 4 times last night. But then she here, giggling in her sleep and itā€™s all good againā€¦

1 Like

Currently taking a shit. But Iā€™ve the porridge cooked one lunch made and weā€™re about to tackle the uniform.

4 Likes

Work colleague of mine and his wife had an emergency arrival on Friday at only 30 weeks. Was touch and go for most of the weekend but all looking positive now. Talking to him makes you realise how lucky a standard delivery actually is.

15 minutes of preparation the night before is the key to calm and zen morning.

The mornings where Iā€™ve failed to prepare usually involve me roaring at the kids like a deranged lunaticā€¦ . Putting the 2 years old clothes on the 4 year old and sending them off with half filled lunchboxes.

2 Likes

Are you working down the fields full time now mate?

christ almighty

2 Likes

Unfortunately a mate of mine lost their one week old last week,was only 3 weeks early but too many problemsā€¦ Awful stuff altogether

Thats the dream mate, unfortunately for now a dream it remains.

Absolutely. But Iā€™m not really working today so I was delighted to engage in general mayhem followed by a stroll to school with them both then him off to creche. Heā€™d had a full on fight with another kid yesterday and the two of them gave each other a big high five and a hug and started playing together. Super start to the day.

3 Likes

Donā€™t mind the high fives, did he win the scrap?

What a loaded fucking question.
You know his father and you already know the answer.

2 Likes

@backinatracksuit how much was your camper van last year? Where did you get it? Did you have to return it to the same place? Thanks

Lads, little Brady is play biting a lotā€¦ How did you lads stop your little ones biting?