The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

:thinking:

Breakfast in bed, a giant bar of chocolate, a book and a voucher to put towards a new pair of Brooks.

That’s the way things are going now…

16 Likes

Some fucking twat organised sports day for today so instead of being kid free I’ll surrounded

A woman I’d bet

2 Likes

Bronntanas àlainn.

1 Like

You made those yourself

3 Likes

Delighted to give that the 10th,

Sshhh

It says ‘cool’ and there’s a picture of an ice pop on it!

2 Likes

Graveyard Sunday today. The holiest of the chapel squatters jockeying for position to out do one another in amplified mournful anguished renditions of their decade of the rosary - very very slowly.
Makes me very very cross

4 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

Apologies for the delay @Fagan_ODowd. Here’s my story. I was woken up by the kids with breakfast at 7am. Fruit and yogurt. I was more relieved than anything cos Mrs j was away last night and the thought of the little fella being awake and roaming the house while I’m still asleep is truly frightening. Thankfully all was relatively OK when I went downstairs. We had the porridge then went for a swim on Porto beach. It was glorious,but cold. Then the young fella fell off the shelters and landed on a rock splitting his lip open. The little lady saw what happened so she started screaming crying too. Then we went up to the family house where my mam had a fry waiting. We’re having a bit of down time before we go off to collect Mrs J and hit the mill theatre in Dundrum for Fantastic Mr Fox. Well be back to Porto for shortly after 4 and then I’ll take my life in my hands by eating a carvery in the widows. After that I’ll fuck off to read some of yesterday’s paper and watch some football. I might even have a pint. A truly great day.

P.S. Is the ifsc car park the best place to park for Dundrum?

14 Likes

COTY nominee there

Why did your daughter draw a picture of @Fran on the fathers day card?

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads on TFK. Australia being the backward nation it is has Fathers Day in September, at which point I’ll be in Ireland so a great excuse to give it a miss this year for my nearest and dearest.
I will have a few quiet belated Fathers Day pints on my iwn to celebrate.

1 Like

:eek:

Not the appropriate thread for discussion on said topic but I decided against the Park Rite car park on Friday evening @Fagan_ODowd as I arrived in early and got a lovely on street parking spot in the vicinity of the 3 arena. I had the car turned for home, saved a tenner, and was on the road home in no time

3 Likes

I rang the auld-wan at the weekend, no answer and made a quip to the mrs that “she’s probably on the pot”. She rang back later and after the usual pleasantries asked to speak to Rascal who’s two and a half. Over he comes “Were you on the pot nanna?”. When we’d hung up I asked him did he know what “the pot” is. In his best Kildare accent he said “tile-it”.

13 Likes

Teaching the eight year old to drive. Great evening’s entertainment.

12 Likes

Youngest starting secondary in September.
€469 for a tablet
€350 to get the books uploaded.