The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

In fairness to you, I donā€™t know how you do it.

3 Likes

Ah the Muslin blanket. You spend most of your life not knowing what the fuck a Muslin blanket is and then it walks into your life for a few brief years like an old friend before it departs again in the rear view mirror of life.

10 Likes

Informative

Youā€™ll look back at these days and laugh, especially if you have more kids, nobody is ever prepared for the first, changing them is a two man operation and you all end up destroyed, by the time you have the second youā€™ll be treating it like a chicken in Castlemahon. (Surely an opportunity for somebody there?)

An awful lot of lads on this site over think the rearing of childeren.
Iā€™d say there are a lot of obsessive pushy ā€˜Dadsā€™ posting here and it will be interesting to see how these childeren turn out.

2 Likes

Itā€™s the TFK way, giving advice with the sole aim of making themselves look good

6 Likes

Other fathers on here hang out with their teenage son and his pals, brining them to and paying for them in whore houses on holidaysā€¦ Iā€™m not sure which is the better approach.

Advice is a form of nostalgia
dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off
painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than itā€™s worth

Baz Luhrmann - Everybodyā€™s Free (to Wear Sunscreen)

3 Likes

Early 20s is not a teenager.

Anything stirring your side yet? You must be the last fucker here without child. Is there something wrong with you, have you had yourself checked out?

A boy eh, good man

Thatā€™s my ā€˜shucky-ducky quack quackā€™ moment of the thread.

Youā€™ve taken to adulthood like a duck to water. Dating, riding, driving, etc etc are a rite of passage most young men go through in their mid to late-teens, but things have a tendency to happen in their own good time.

Congrats Bandage, and enjoy every minute of it. It is honestly all good, but of course you figured that out about 6 days ago.

8 Likes

Thanks very much, pal. Driving home from the hospital one night late last week was the first time Iā€™ve EVER driven a car unaccompanied. I even had the swagger to park and buy curry chips in the take-away en route. Iā€™m going to chance some DIY in the next few years too.

17 Likes

Much safer!

Be careful. Itā€™s much more dangerous than you think.

Your partner will probably expect you to do it properly which is always annoying.

1 Like

and supervise the effort from start to finish which is infuriating

You need to practice @Bandage. Feel free to come over and put the doors back onto my cabinet. Iā€™ve been avoiding it for over 2 years for various reasons. Mrs J is on the verge of fucking out said cabinet,even though she had it custom made.

Thatā€™s degenerate gambling right there juhy. Thereā€™s good odds it could be you, not the furniture, getting fucked out :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve rode my luck over the years @artfoley but Iā€™m firmly in the good books at present. Now if you could find me some ornate Chinese looking hinges for a cabinet and leave them in the 51 for @Bandage Iā€™d be fucking legend.

Amazon mate. You donā€™t even have to leave your chair

Youā€™ve come a long way pal