The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Ashbourne with the baldy fella would be the right job.

M1 to Dundalk, cut across through Ardee direction into Monaghan town

Little one had her first day in the cul camp today and as we were going to the shop I was asking how she got on. She said she hated it and didnā€™t want to go back. I asked why and she said the woman in charge of her team pushed her and roared at her all day.

Sheā€™s resillient enough but she loves when she goes to club practice so thereā€™s definitely an issue there. Took ages to get her to sleep and she was very clingy.

Thinking of going up tomorrow to observe incognito. But if yerwan is roaring at her or puts Hands on her then thereā€™s the problem because the cul camp is in her club and therefore I canā€™t go all brimmer.

CC @Gman

1 Like

Some cunts should never be let coach kids.

2 Likes

Weā€™d be more Carrickmacross direction so M1 to Ardee exit and then onto the N2 bypassing Ardee itself and into CMX as some locals laughably call it. Iā€™d hate to settle in some godforsaken backward shithole straddling Louth and Monaghan like Drumconrath, Collon (pronounced Cullen apparently) or somewhere.

M1 is way faster these days. It takes all the monaghan /tyrone/north donegal traffic. The road from the m1 to monaghan gets a little hairy occasionally with a combination of nordies with no license points concerns,lads on long journeys trying to make time and local bored teens out for a rally.

1 Like

The stretch of road that enters the occupied 6 and comes back out again a few miles further is just bizarre.

Yep

Even if she got through the vetting youā€™d think that one of the other coaches might notice it. But if itā€™s as bad as madame says her days coaching will soon be gone.

Iā€™ve a soft spot for Carrick. Always liked the town.

1 Like

Sure the vetting is a joke. The other coaches should step in though. A coach like that is poisonous

1 Like

Whenā€™s the next childer due lads?

Surely most of the coaches at the culture camps are teenagers? Certainly were in our one.

If memory serves thereā€™s that much of a delay in the vetting unit that thereā€™s loads of unvetted social workers never mind GAA coaches.

The cul camp which should be fun is a lot less fun for her than her proper training.

If you want any advice, send me a PM. I actually had to deal with a similar episode at a Cul Camp this year and it was handled very well. Let me know if you want a hand. First time such an incident occurred, but we had procedures in place to deal with it and it got fixed very well for parents and kids involved.

1 Like

Dunno. Iā€™ll see tomorrow

Cheers, Iā€™ll drop you a PM in the morning

1 Like

Iā€™d say @Brimmer_Bradley is the man to advise on exactly how to deal with the situation

2 Likes

My daughter had a similar problem with a newly appointed headmaster. Heā€™s an ambitious sort, both for himself and the kids but he was putting the kids under serious pressure and there was plenty of anxiety, tears etc- he was teaching seven and eight year olds.
My kid was genuinely scared of getting asked a question she didnā€™t know the answer to, even if she did no the answer she was too frightened to answer in case she was wrong - at least that was my reading of it. I told her to imagine that she was watching the teacher on TV, that he wasnā€™t real and there was nothing he could do. Sheā€™s a timid wee thing but it really seems to have done the trick- to the point where sheā€™s using the same technique on me.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s a good thing or a bad thing, but Iā€™m making it up as I go along. I want her to have respect for her teachers etc, but not too much respect.

1 Like

Tell the snowflake child to man up ta fuck and give her a clatter for running home telling stories, he hardly wants to rear a snitch ?

Stop forcing your kid to play a sport she hates ffs

1 Like