The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

You sit in the spare room of your house every evening, on your own, drinking bottles of whiskey.

An outcast in your own home.

2 Likes

Ok you win.

1 Like

This thread is a wonderful resource.

4 Likes

Some of the worst fatherā€™s on the internet post here. The childeren of some of these men have no hope.

It would be unfair to do a top 5 mate. Really would

1 Like

In fairness lads I donā€™t know how ye do it.

2 Likes

Look at the way things have gone these days.

1 in 3 kids in Ireland canā€™t catch a ball nowadays according to a new study.

Thanks you McDonalds, Kylie Jenner and @Matty_Hislop with your smart watch.

1 Like

They can Google it though. Therefore in theory they can

1 Like

You take that back!

My son is a tremendous catcher of a ball, he plays gully on the team.

2 Likes

Your son is a catcher, not a pitcher?

2 Likes

My eldest is 12 today, she was born while the Frank and Walters were playing on Radio 1 that we were listening to in the room (after all) which we took as a very good sign. 12 feels like a big one.

4 Likes

right lads
we are back here again
educate together vs whatā€™s left of the local CBS

i cant remember who said it so well but am i at risk of raising a guitar playing , long haired, sensitive gay if i send him to the former?

6 Likes

Thereā€™s no risk about it, it will 100% happen.

The next Jonty Rhodes. Unbelievable. :clap:

2 Likes

Which is closer to your gaffe? Do you know any parents or teachers in either? Personally, all things being equal Iā€™d go with educate Together because you might have younger more driven teachers but Iā€™d imagine the local school is just fine. What town?

Also, theyā€™re raising long haired sensitive gays in the CBS now tooā€¦

They mentioned Sudbury schools on Newstalk this morning where students can choose what they want to learn. Shane Coleman was an advocate of course.

cc @anon61956325

i live in the middle of nowhere between North Kildare and South Meath

Is there a big trench or something? A kind of no manā€™s land?

I like the Educate Together ethos, but if you want the children to do first holy communion, you may have to bring them to a parish sacramental preparation programme every week after school and pay at least ā‚¬5 for the privilege of it. Some ET schools can do it in-house, depends which diocese you are resident in. ET has a very good ethical and religious education programme, the children learn about and celebrate all the major faiths.

Thereā€™s a lot of parental involvement in the ET model as well, but what I remember from my time working there was the row at Christmas. The pagans complaining about the absence of a Christmas tree then the Jehovahā€™s Witness parents horrified that it was a massive pagan symbol when I put up a small one in new room.

Think long- term as well, there are still some voluntary secondary schools that donā€™t take in ET children and there has been no debate about this school places issue at all. The fact that the one school that we wanted our son to go to had never taken in a child from an ETNS was the single thing that finally made up our minds.

Apply to all the local schools and keep your options openā€¦

1 Like