The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Half of them are talking to their multiple aliases FFS.

2 Likes

Brilliant one liner from my youngest there .
She started secondary this year. She obviously had a bit of homework left and took out the books about ten minutes ago. The wife said to her, "Why didnā€™t you do it Friday? "

Answer. "Cos I didnā€™t want to "

1 Like

She mugged off Mrs Iron Mike there, good and proper

1 Like

Iā€™m still laughing chief
I know I shouldnā€™t but it was just the way it came out. The wife looked to me for back up and I was curled up in a ball laughing on the couch

2 Likes

Ah sure what else could you say?
Iā€™m here finishing up a bit of work myself for tomorrow and said to the Mrs, I feel like a young lad on a Sunday evening trying to get the bit of homework done before Glenroe

1 Like

Youā€™ll pay for that buddy. Youā€™ll pay dearly.

I know. Ah fuck it. Itā€™ll cost me a bottle of wine Friday night

1 Like

You will not win between your daughter & her mother, not not not.
No matter how well you and your daughter get on, bestest buddies all week her mam will always win out.

1 Like

You mug

Very twee.

This is very, very sad and arresting. I read about his child passing away last year but this article cropped up last week over a year later. Heā€™s also since done a spoken version for BBC Radio after the reaction the piece got.

3 Likes

Unreal article. I posted it in the good journalism thread last wk. Have you seen Catastrophe? A must watch for any new parents

Iā€™ve seen a few episodes here and there, but didnā€™t follow it religiously.

One of best comedies on tv. Makes his real life story all the more poignant

Outstanding television.

I tried to read that article last week but I found it upsetting so stopped reading. Will try again.

1 Like

Itā€™s a great article. Too short, it seems, maybe itā€™s just right.
As a slightly cheerier twee-er aside, my lass went into tk max with her ma to buy me a present out of her money, and (with a maternal supplement) bought me a lurid purple Ralph Lauren polo shirt ā€œbecause it has a little man playing hurling on itā€

7 Likes

Take up golf

I might in my seventies.

I meant to ask, are you breast feeding pal? And how do you manage lactation ? Do you bring a spare shirt to the office?

FFS sake. A @Brimmer_Bradley esque contribution.

3 Likes