The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Congratulations, but don’t relax and think it’s over … it’s not … it’s never over!

1 Like

What’s the protocol around taking a shit when you’re minding the child and nobody else is at home? I mean when you’re really dying to go. Is it acceptable to pop him in the bouncer at the bathroom door? If so, should you block his view of you on the potty but leave the door slightly ajar so you can talk away to him? Or should you give him a fully unrestricted ringside (excuse the pun) seat? Or just battle away and hold it in while being in severe discomfort until someone comes home?

2 Likes

He shits in front of you I assume?

Battle it mate for sure. Do you sit guard while he sleeps?

Would you consider getting a man in?

10 Likes

For fucks sake, would you ever catch yourself on?

2 Likes

Disturbing rating.

Are there any nappies lying around?

2 Likes

Stick him in front of Telly

Be grand mate. Just take the shit and get on with life, you’re overthinking this

1 Like

Odd. I fear for him tbh

1 Like

Any chance you can drop him down to Wexford to the Mammy and then come back to take your dump? Better safe than sorry

2 Likes

Okay guys I thought I’d seek help with a genuine query which inexplicably wasn’t covered in ante-natal class. I didn’t expect or deserve these type of scathing responses. Shame on you all.

You need to do like we all did and get yourself some adult nappies for situations like this,you’d be surprised how quickly you get used to them,it’s also a kind of bonding/solidarity thing with the child,it lets him know it’s ok to wear nappies.

10 Likes

Finally somebody takes my query seriously. Thanks for your thoughtful response and astute solution to a tricky but recurring problem.

Have you made it yet?

Congratulations mate u can have the “official” scoops with him now

1 Like

Just take a shit, the child doesn’t care

Is it safe to make a sweeping conclusion like that? Children are heterogenous.