The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Something very strange. The Christmas list has been very reasonable this year with only clothes and money being requested. Is this just a temporary reprieve or will I knock a couple of years out of it?

Cash is king

EDIT: Youā€™re surely gonna get them Limerick tops? :yum:

Itā€™s called getting old. Youā€™re looking at the future.
I wish you a happy Christmas BTW.

2 Likes

That was on my wish and l was gifted and new Jersey last Christmas. Given how things worked out, I am not sure whether to frame this jersey or use it as my new lucky charm.

What age are they?

Usually means they are growing up/stopped believing.

My lad is ten in February. He has said nothing but clear enough he no longer believes. Itā€™s a short window lads so enjoy it!!

17 and 13. In fairness there ainā€™t anything else from a technological stance they could want. Itā€™s like fucking Harvey Normans in this house.

Theyā€™re at the age where Mike has ash plants at the front and back doors.

3 Likes

And a gun permit

Probably just good kids seeing their Dad having a tough time and adjusting accordingly.

14 Likes

Same in this house, itā€™s just clothes and vouchers etc. miss the Santa toys and the excitement.

1 Like

Agreed once you get past the Santa years itā€™s never the same

Iā€™ve a nine year old looking for a laptop. Thereā€™s no talking her round to dolls or clothes. I need ideas

Get her an iPod,

1 Like

Do what the pikeys do. Get a laptop bag and fill it with a few Argos catalogues

2 Likes

Have you heard of the power of no?

In.

44 Likes

:pint: Allez Allez

:ronnyroar:

1 Like

Wahey! Congratulations @caulifloweredneanderthal I promise never to confuse you with @ciarancareyshurlingarmy again.

2 Likes

Wonderful news, couldnā€™t be happier for a couple I donā€™t even know
Hope all is/went well

1 Like

For FFS one of mine turned 18 at the weekend. All in front of ye boys

1 Like