The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Good news. One less Christening to do. God Bless you all.

6 Likes

Ive just managed to polish off a packet of jellies hidden in my pocket without getting snared.
Im a terrible father

10 Likes

Keep that up and, you’ll get arrested

If the kids had caught me, I would have preferred to have been arrested

I brought Rascal to get his haircut yesterday. I had to lift him kicking and screaming to the seat. He kicked one of the other barbers on the way. I was willing to keep him held but barber shook her head so out we both go. We went for the treat I promised him and ate it in front of him.

13 Likes

Sounds like when I got expelled from play school and never got the Fruit Pastilles I was due that evening

2 Likes

Tell us more.

I was a little bollix but your wan running the school had a few screws loose. It was a difficult time in my life. We were renting a house in Limerick while the father was building the house before/after work

1 Like

Was over in Poland last week to see the young lad. Worked hard to get myself into condition to be able to. And it’s been over a year.

The mother offered to facilitate it. The case rumbles on.

In any case, she acted the eejit for three days and I didn’t see him once. Met his teacher, though, who was a cracker.
Anyway, that’s who I’m dealing with. Sickening but I wasn’t surprised.

She sounds like a twisted cunt

1 Like

Ah fuck, sorry to hear that pal.

that’s fair enough
you’re raising a right horrible bastard of a yoke there and if that carry on didnt embarrass you there is some lacking with you as a father
well done on rubbing his face in the shit after BTW - but i dont believe you for a second - leopards generally dont loose their spots and he learned that petulance in house

learn from it and move on

1 Like

you were what? three years of age and going through a difficult time?

It was a flippant remark, related to the fact that we had to live in Limerick. I actually had a great childhood mate.

that’s good news
sorry man - i admire the ease at which you negotiate life (albeit i draw this most shallow of conclusions from your postings which i do enjoy) - i meant no offense and the humour passed me by
im on edge myself at the moment , i was wired today - do you know that feeling if you are on a load of prednisone or something - you’re fucking bouncing of walls - its the good weather too - had a brilliant weekend here -

No worries mate. I try and make the best of each situation. Nice to hear you’d a nice weekend. I had a lovely one myself.

1 Like

Everything’s under control. Do you honestly think I’m going to stand for that? No chance, mate, as Jack Rodwell would put it.

Things are happening. Fingers crossed justice is served.

1 Like

Keep at it

I tried to change tact and try getting my own hair cut first. He knew something was up cos he kept asking where we were going. We arrived at a completely different barber and he wouldn’t budge from the path. Again, I had to lift him in to the barbers and plonked him on the waiting seat while I got mine done. A pretty blonde asked did I want Rascal to get his done and I asked her to turn on the charm to see how she’d get on. Over she goes and as she approached he pulled his hood up. My options are now limited to sedatives or braiding.

3 Likes

How old is the child Mike? I’ll say a prayer.

God bless you all.

2 Likes