The Official TFK Fingal and on the way to Fingal (from central Dublin) Take Away Thread

What?

Yup

Another step closer tonight to my stated aim of working my way through the kanoodle menu. A cunning route home from blackrock gave me a perfect chance to pick up a delicious ‘drunkard’ noodles. Flat noodles flashfried with good chunky veg and succulent beef with a hearty whack of chilli. The good lady opted for a green curry. This was excellent, as usual. Well done to all in kanoodle and congratulations to anyone who has the chance to dine from it.

Ah lovely. Two fine choices. I had the phat prik earlier in the week and can recommend it highly.

You had Bandage?!

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 714390”]

You had Bandage?![/quote]
Banter.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 714389”]

Ah lovely. Two fine choices. I had the phat prik earlier in the week and can recommend it highly.[/quote]

I’ll hit that one next fagan. I might have to start rating them officially.

It’s a hot black bean sauce kind of a thing. Top class.

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 714393”]

It’s a hot black bean sauce kind of a thing. Top class.[/quote]

Had this for lunch today as i was passing. Fantastic black bean dish without the msg gloopy feel of most takeaways. High on crunchy veg and a generous helping of prawns. Delicious.

Next!

Bombay Pantry tonight. New menu. Lots of small plates now. Had Vada Pav, Bombay Shaslik, sautéed broccoli, Tarka Dhal and Saag Aloo.

Top class as ever.

Just discovered that Il Fornaio are now delivering to the locality. That’s terrific news and a situation I will be taking advantage of immediately.

Apologies for the tardy post. Tried the singapore noodles from kanoodle as the latest in my drive to complete the menu. Wouldn’t normally go for them but wanted something i could share with the nipper. Beef was a bit tough but the chicken and prawns were lovely. Good use of beansprouts too. Simple and effective

Bombay Pantry Fairview tonight. Bombay Shaslik (hot) Tarka Dahl (medium) and sautéed Broccoli. An absolutely superb meal. The Barry White in the morning could be rough going though.

The good lady demanded an indian take away today. On this occasion i was more than happy to accede to her demands. A lamb jalfrezi and a lamb madras were the shouts. Slightly disappointed with the lack of veg in the jalfrezi but the flavours and spice in both were top notch. 8/10

Where did you get that?

India link in portmarnock.
Can’t believe i omitted that info. Apologies to all hungry fingalians.

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 776860, member: 53”]India link in portmarnock.
Can’t believe i omitted that info. Apologies to all hungry fingalians.[/quote]
India Link is grand but nothing out of ordinary.

Had a quality wood fired pizza from Brezzis in Portmarnock tonight.

I Kanoodled last night for the first time in a while. Dearie me, it was superb. I had Gaeng Phet Phet, a hot and sour curry.

Mrs Rocko was in Baldyole Industrial Estate the other day (picking up a package from the sorting office if you must ask) and spotted a Kanoodle sign being prepared for attackment to a building in there. She initially felt it would just be some sort of warehouse for prepping and storing ingredients but then spotted a wooden facade, not unlike that on the Clontarf premises, which suggested there might be more to it. Could they be expanding, and if so, why choose an industrial estate? Curious but exciting times.

Update: before posting I checked the website and it seems like this might be a delivery hub for the Peninsula, Portmarnock, Donaghmede and Clare Hall.