The Official TFK Fingal and on the way to Fingal (from central Dublin) Take Away Thread

Thats a clamping, mugging off and coup de grace from fagan there. A 3 in 1 internet smaxkdown

Lovely pizza out of Brezzis in Portmarnock last night.

Tried the new Camile Asian takeaway at Sutton Cross tonight. Somewhat taken aback that Suttons Scots Presbyterian hardcore have finally bent the knee and are prepared to tolerate a takeaway in their village but nevertheless I gave it a go. Vegetable spring roll and chicken Chung Chee curry (their hottest) and a jasmine rice. ā‚¬16.30 in total. A fair price for a nice meal. I think this outfit will break the Kanoodle hegemony in Dublin 5 and 13.

Giving this place a go tonight.

Was there myself tonight Rocko. The duck hoi sin spring rolls are lovely.

Went for camile on Friday. Quality cuisine. 2 reservations possibly intertwined :

• 3 euro for delivery. I live in lower howth and camile is in sutton / mid howth so it was a simple jaunt down the coast. Small change in an affluent community but still unexpected
  • guy who delivered it rocked up wearing a bow tie. Presume this was as part of his job rather than to do with him heading to the national takeaway delivery awards or similar later. Iā€™d rather free Delivery and cut out the formal wear. Again fagan this could be a Methodist requirement.

[QUOTE=ā€œcroppy, post: 927760, member: 230ā€]Went for camile on Friday. Quality cuisine. 2 reservations possibly intertwined :

• 3 euro for delivery. I live in lower howth and camile is in sutton / mid howth so it was a simple jaunt down the coast. Small change in an affluent community but still unexpected
  • guy who delivered it rocked up wearing a bow tie. Presume this was as part of his job rather than to do with him heading to the national takeaway delivery awards or similar later. Iā€™d rather free Delivery and cut out the formal wear. Again fagan this could be a Methodist requirement.[/QUOTE]
    I never take delivery of a meal Croppy. I like to be in control of my destiny and thus always collect. That way if there is any delay I can make cross faces at the cashier and thus ensure that my order gets priority.

Da Mimmo (Italian) and Okayu (Japanese) on the North Strand are both noble eating establishments. The bento box in Okayu is monstrous.

Lovely Diavola pizza from Brezzis tonight. Brezzi told me himself that they are now opening during the day as a bakery. He gave me a sample of the bread. Lovely, so it was.

I was wondering what their daytime openings were about. Must try that bread. Did he say how business is going fagan? Havenā€™t had one in ages despite living nearby.

Brezzi confirmed that business was going very well.

@Fagan ODowd Have you tried this new Minetta deli place at Sutton Cross yet? Iā€™m hearing great things.

No I havent. Iā€™m staying loyal to Brezzis. Looks pricey though. Another Wright family venture I believe.

Lads. I tried the new thai place in portmarnock, koba noodles. Maybe it was because i was looking forward to it so much but i was very disappointed. Will give it another chance though.

Ah FFS sake I wish you hadnā€™t told me that. Iā€™ll hate it now. Fucking Wrights.

I find Brezzis a little too salty sometimes.

[QUOTE=ā€œRocko, post: 1045556, member: 1ā€]Ah FFS sake I wish you hadnā€™t told me that. Iā€™ll hate it now. Fucking Wrights.

I find Brezzis a little too salty sometimes.[/QUOTE]
Had a toasted sandwich there at lunch. Nicey but pricey.

Koba, portmarnock. Disappointing on their debut, tonight was make or break. Just had their green curry. Delicious. The good lady had a red curry and loved it. Thumbs up chez J.

Tried bits of 3 of their pizzas this evening. Really nice. Pity that neither that place nor Il Valentino have managed to get any seating while Insomnia has such a big area.

Are you sure about the Wrights connection?

[QUOTE=ā€œRocko, post: 1046033, member: 1ā€]Tried bits of 3 of their pizzas this evening. Really nice. Pity that neither that place nor Il Valentino have managed to get any seating while Insomnia has such a big area.

Are you sure about the Wrights connection?[/QUOTE]
Il Valentino failed to apply for a seating licence but they the application is in now so they will get one. Minetta have one but yesterday was very wet. Fairly sure about the Wright connection. Think itā€™s the sister who has the dog house.

But thatā€™s all just outside seating yeah? Minetta are waiting for their umbrella. Just a pity thereā€™s nowhere for the middle class mothers to sit down inside and enjoy a nice baked bread without going into Insomnia or chancing a waffle in Coffeyā€™s.