The Official TFK Man City* šŸ Supporter Thread (Nobody Gives A Flying Fuck About Them)

City well on top here, weā€™ve hit the bar twice and forced the Swansea keeper into actiona couple of times.

Iā€™d really wish Toure was dropped, heā€™s the cause of many fluid movements halting as he only knows one way to play - surging past people. Iā€™d also prefer Kolarov in at left back, much more composed and forceful in attack.

Only a matter of time before City score youā€™d imagine. Swansea have played well and I think they will survive comfortably this season.

@totti, what is the point of barry when you have de jong?

Someone to partner De Jong really - the options purporting City arenā€™t too impressive in this regard.

Barry is very ordinary, rugged player who can pop in with the odd goal but extremely one footed and very limited technically. City could do with going out a more technically proficient midfielder who will sit with De Jong. The options they have - Toure, Milner, Barry etc. arenā€™t up to much. Someone like Gago would have been perfect for him but heā€™s away to Boca now I believe.

In saying that, Barry has played well tonight, hitting the bar just before half time but I do agree that he offers little.

Do you really need someone sitting with de Jong at home to Swansea though? I think City have dropped points at home that they shouldnā€™t have because of a surfeit of caution on Manciniā€™s part. (Havenā€™t checked any stats on their home record last year so thereā€™s a chance Iā€™m talking through my hole on this.)

City have regained their rhythm quickly in the second half, which can be difficult after the interval.

Iā€™d say itā€™s vital in a balance perspective, Swansea are likely to sit deep and you donā€™t want to congest their half with your own players as well Swanseaā€™s. It also lessens the chance of being caught on the break and is a major function in retaining the ball.

1-0 Dzeko.

Wonderful play from Silva in the middle evading Britton and spreading it wide to Johnson who hits it across, the goal - fumbled by the keeper and Dzeko on hand to nudge it in.

The Kun is on for De Jong. I presume Toure will now drop deeper.

get in there-come on city

Surprsed to see de Jong off. Silva has been sublime. Great aee see Edin off the mark early though. Would like to see floodgates open now. Cmon Kun.

The Kun. :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

To quote Fr. Dougal when opening the advent calendarā€¦

ā€œAh brilliantā€.

:clap:

I just think thatā€™s a little too negative a mindset for a team that should be challenging for the league though. Unitedā€™s home record was close to perfect last year, and they never had more than one midfielder sitting and certainly never anyone that does it as well as de Jong does. They retained the ball fairly well and rarely looked vulnerable on the break.

Having said that, theyā€™ve been very impressive tonight and the scoreline now is a better reflection of their dominance for most of the night. Silva may very well be the best attacking player in the league right now and Aguero is a fantastic addition. Theyā€™ll meet teams set up more defensively than Swansea though and perhaps thatā€™s when they might need to be more adventurous in setup.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d agree entirely.

United are very dependent on their width to break teams down and play at a ferociously high tempo. With the way Mancini has City line out, where they play the possession game through the middle and like to slowly and patiently work their way with incisive passing then I would argue that two players holding the fort in midfield is a necessity, otherwise things can get a bit too congested up top, you have to try and draw the opposition out some way and throwing extra bodies forward will not do that.

Mancini played this well. Set up to let Swansea punch themselves out if they came out that way. City handled what they had and put them to the sword.

Oh and

Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! :clap:

I just think that there are some teams that wonā€™t be drawn out no matter what City do and the way they play can make it difficult to break those teams down. Iā€™m not sure having someone like Barry sitting with de Jong adds anything then, and playing another player with pace might be more helpful.

Oh great, is Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun going to be your equivalent of Carlitos this season.

1 Like

Decent goal there from Aguero!

How many teams do you support now MBB? I see youā€™re a Galaxy fan as well this week.

Manchester City will be some force this season now theyā€™ve finally signed a world class striker.