The Official TFK Man City* 🐐 Supporter Thread (Nobody Gives A Flying Fuck About Them)

Bit of a strange one for Milan. Think the money would be much better off being invested in a holding midfielder and/or left back. Tevez will be ineligible for Europe too. It’s very doubtful they will sign him on a permanent deal anyway seeing unless they have concerns over whether Cassano will pay again or unless they plan to offload Robinho or Pato in the summer.

Does a free loan not imply that Milan won’t be spending money?

I guess he’s referring to the fee quoted if they want to make the move permanent following expiry of the loan.

My sources in north west England and northern Italy inform me this deal is some way off. Milan want the ‘option’ to buy when the loan finishes but Manchester City are insisting that a permanent deal must be triggered after the expiry of the loan period.

I thought that first too but his next sentence about being ineligible for Europe and not signing him permanently changed my mind.

The Catania chairman has stated that Milan have agreed a deal in principal to take Maxi Lopez on loan. Presumably this will happen if the Tevez deal falls through. I just don’t think signing Tevez will add much to Milan when he’ll be ineligible to play in the CL. 6 months pay @200k p/w averages out at nearly 5 million which would be better off invested in other signings who can add genuine depth to the squad. They should wait until the end of the season to make their move. I would have thought Milan would have learned from their mistake last year when they were undergoing an injury crisis the time they played Spurs. While that injury crisis was happening they had Van Bommel, Cassano and Emmanuelson fully fit but unavailable due to being cup-tied.

I’d have thought they’d be looking for City to cover some of the wages?

City want it an all in deal or at least a guarantee to buy at the end of the loan. They were said to be unwilling to consider covering any of his wage previously, perhaps that has since changed, but given their stance, I would have been surprised if it did.

We’ve just gone 5-3 up against Monaco in the Champions League last 16 first leg tie.

Blue moooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I love you pal

Well done guys. One of the great European nights. Here’s hoping for a renewal of the epic 1981 FA Cup Final, 36 years on in the showpiece game of the year.

I like the way Manchester City play the game

Pep showing why he is one of the best in the business.

1 Like

Manchester City are really building up a head of steam. I wouldn’t discount a late title challenge just yet. Their four titles wins in 1936/37, 1967/68, 2011/12 and 2013/14 were all won from a long way back.

When did we move the tunnel / dressing room area down to the corner?

When ye left Maine Road .

1 Like

Happy 34th birthday to Yaya Toure.

Sergio Agüero has equalled the Manchester City club scoring record of 177 goals set by Eric Brook in the 1930’s.

A great fella

A top bloke. Manchester City second favourite club for a lot of people this season (myself included) the way Pep has them playing and with decent fellows like Sergio in the team.

He’s a great player.