The Official TFK NCT Thread

In for the retest. We can do this.

3 Likes

NCT due on my car end of March. Went to book it last week. Can’t get a date earlier than the 26th of March in Charleville :thinking:. I’ll have to take it elsewhere.

CHarleville still have the best pass rate in the country?
Do you use Lenihans garage in Drom? Some boyos there :grinning:

Due end march, appointment before the end of march, why will you have to go elsewhere?

Didnt know that about Charleville tbh.

Yeah use them alright, not sure how they haven’t been closed down yet tbh :smile: If heard a few stories about taking out bulbs on the dash so nothing comes up on the test…

2 Likes

In case it fails? Id generally put it through the test in the hope of it passing first go, If it fails then i’d get whatever needs done fixed. Are you allowed to drive car if it failed test but cert has expired and you’re waiting for the re test?

I’ve heard they’ll kit you out for the NCT and then take back the parts and put in your old shit

1 Like

I wouldn’t put it past them tbh. :grinning:

:clap:

3 Likes

Seriously? I booked my test and retest for Limerick a week before each one and was plenty of dates even sooner to choose from

Yeah. Not sure how it’s so busy. They’re open late some evenings and they’re open till 4 on Sundays I’ve noticed. I’ll prob take it to Abbeyfeale

I’d say limerick isnt far off 24 hours

Booked mine there lately in Limerick and could pretty much get any time I wanted. I think you could even do a Sunday morning at 7am if you were so inclined.

They could nearly stick a pub out beside it, only for the auld drink driving.

The TFk resident pervert(s) probably pop over to the swingers club while the car is also getting the once over

1 Like

Christ above, know your audience.

They’ll be inspected within a Month.

1 Like

Pleasantly surprised with a first-time pass this morning. The lads in there were firing them out and seemed to have no interest in failing anyone. Having a celebratory jambon.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, but it’s one of the few things on the mainland that is better. The mot is a far more gentlemanly affair. Flexibility is another phrase.

While a positive overall episode, I wouldn’t really call the experience this morning “gentlemanly”. They seemed to have closed the usual waiting room in Ballysimon (soon to be your local test centre, FYI), so there were about 10 of us sitting on top of each other out by the counter, everyone staring at their phones, while lads in overalls wandered in and out going “MORAN! Opel Zafeeeera? Ya she’s grand ya.”

2 Likes

There was a bizzare stand up row between a tester and owner the last time I was there. From what I could make out the tester said he was refusing to put the mileage on the cert because he couldn’t read the clock. The owner was offering to go get him “a fucking torch” and hold it for him, but the tester wasn’t budging.

4 Likes

#ncctakescock