The Official TFK NCT Thread

Would a filling station have the bulb?

I checked and they seemed ok, might be a sensor fault. Pot-committed now anyways.

Hup! Signing out til April 2019 :ronnyroar:

11 Likes

Good job.

1 Like

The fucker i had in Limerick wouldn’t pass me for the same thing, a warning light. I had a harmless amber air pressure light on the day i went in and he said come back inside 30 days with the light gone and i’d get the pass. I have a week left but unsure how to resolve it myself. I have the right air pressure in the tyres, 39 for front two and 46 for back two. I am loathe to go to a mechanic for a little sensor fault. Some cheek passing you and not passing me on same thing but fair play to you anyway you got a sounder fella than i did

The warning light was gone off when I got back in after the test, so must have cleared itself I suppose

1 Like

What you driving chief?

A car.
Couldn’t stop myself. A Superb.

2 Likes

I’d been told before that “red lights were failures, ambers were OK”, but according to the NCT handbook, any of the following are failures:

[quote]
Malfunction indicator for
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
airbags, electronic stability control
(ESC), antilock brake system (ABS),
electronic braking system (EBS),
parking brake, tyre pressure
monitoring systems (TPMS),
electronic power steering (EPS),
or brake fluid warning lamp.[/quote]

Needed to get an airbag light reset myself recently.

1 Like

Deflate the tyre right down. Then pump it up again. Worked for me.

[quote=“Smark, post:146, topic:13704, full:true”]
I have the right air pressure in the tyres, 39 for front two and 46 for back two.[/quote]

Seems excessive to my thinking. Perhaps the warning light mightn’t be out of line after all.
Somewhere in the 32 range sounds more applicable, but then again I’m not familiar with Range Rovers.

2 Likes

cc. @Smark

https://youtu.be/X-RRm3-CWB0

3 Likes

Cars are way to fuckin complicated nowadays.Way too many sensors now so snowflakes can know when the tyre is a bit soft or there’s no windscreen washer left.

[quote=“Massey, post:154, topic:13704, full:true”]
Cars are way to fuckin complicated nowadays.Way too many sensors now so snowflakes can know when the tyre is a bit soft or there’s no windscreen washer left.

True. You know it’s true when you see a woman behind the wheel of a 4x4

https://public.tableau.com/profile/idiro.analytics#!/vizhome/NCT2016Top20MakesResults/NCT2016-20MostPopularMake

A classic example of taking a big ball of data and making a complete bollox of interpreting it.
An article so flawed it’s pointless.

Still. I’d steer clear of a Trajet

Well lets take the two at opposite ends as an example of why it’s bollox. The Juke was launched in 2011 so since cars have to be 4 years old, the only jukes getting NCT’d were those bought between 2011 and 2013.
The Trajet is no longer sold and was only available between 2000 & 2008.
Lets say for ease an equal number of both makes were sold in each year (untrue for the Trajet presumably since they aren’t making them anymore but how and ever). Then the average age of vehicles tested were 5 years old for Jukes & 13 years old for Trajets. Obviously the failure rate will be way higher.
As further proof of point nearly all the Top 10 are new brands, while the bottom are all much longer serving models.

3 Likes

You can literally prove anything with statistics.

Best of luck @Funtime