The official whos the best poster on TFK thread -

[quote=“HBV*”]How did Link Walsh not make the original list?

Its looking more and more like the list is actually North County Cocktakes top 25 of who i would like to bend over a park bench.[/quote]

let it go HIV - you wouldnt make it into the top 25 under any circumstances

you’re on it as dissenters may like a protest vote

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]I must be a little oldeer than you,i attended the 87,91,92 and 93 finals always standing on the canal end bar in 91 when i was on hill 16 to witness my late father lay a Tipp fan out on his back with a slap about 30 seconds after M Clearys deflected goal went in,the Tipp lad was acting the cunt,the bossman ended the cunt acting fairly fast,the blood was running out of the Tipp lad,ya wouldnt get away with it these days.92 and 93 were very special mainly because of the huge love that Kilkenny fans had for Ollie Walsh,he was a peoples man.

My first final sitting down was in 1999 in the uncovered canal end stand,its still my worst day ever following Kilkenny,ive watched every final since from the Hogan Stand bar 2006 when i was in the upper Cusack,thinking about all this is getting me going about this Years event,cant fucking wait now,a good Hogan ticket out of somewhere would be a godsend.[/quote]

I would have been fine in 91, 92 and 93 it’s just that I’ve multiple older siblings and tickets seemed harder to get in those days and all of us going would be a huge financial strain so I ended up watching them with the neighbours.

Anything in the 80s I would be too young for I reckon.
I can’t remember anything in the 80s.

What age do you think a kid should be where they should be allowed go to a match? I’d say 7 or 8.

I was at the quarter finals this year and there were a few young children with their parents and none of the kids had an iota of what was going on. They weren’t even watching. I’d say one was 3 and the other was 5 or so.

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]

What age do you think a kid should be where they should be allowed go to a match? I’d say 7 or 8.

I was at the quarter finals this year and there were a few young children with their parents and none of the kids had an iota of what was going on. They weren’t even watching. I’d say one was 3 and the other was 5 or so.[/quote]

With Tipp fans about you might want to aim ten years higher.

looking at the list there, has Benshermin been around lately or whats the craic? with wireless broadband available in buses and trains now you’d think he’d be loggin in the whole time.

Aw shucks !! :rolleyes: You’re only saying that. You say the sweetest things.

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]What age do you think a kid should be where they should be allowed go to a match? I’d say 7 or 8.

I was at the quarter finals this year and there were a few young children with their parents and none of the kids had an iota of what was going on. They weren’t even watching. I’d say one was 3 and the other was 5 or so.[/quote]

I suppose it can depend on the kid but I think around 8 or 9 is the age they actually pay enough attention to get anything from it. With a kid of 3 or 5 it’s not only a waste of money and a ticket, it’s torture on the kid also and probably as much a selfish act on the parent’s part (couldn’t get a sitter).

Was at a Leinster match at the RDS over the winter and it was bloody cold but a few seats away from me were a couple with a baby that couldn’t have been more than a few weeks old !! :eek:

Yeah he logs on every now and then to keep an eye on Flano.

I think he mostly posts on Stormfront these days.

He was very despondent about hitting 4000 posts I remember, felt the need to reassess his life

Will your own impending big 4-0-0-0 have the same effect?

(WTB: Total Posts: 3,987 (12.16 Posts Per Day))

the poll is based on contributions since 19/08/08 - Ben Shermin is well deserving to be up there

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]I would have been fine in 91, 92 and 93 it’s just that I’ve multiple older siblings and tickets seemed harder to get in those days and all of us going would be a huge financial strain so I ended up watching them with the neighbours.

Anything in the 80s I would be too young for I reckon.
I can’t remember anything in the 80s.

I’d say 4 0r 5. The young fellas in our club are playing at 5 now anyway, why not let them to something like that. It could vary from child to child of course and a parent would have to make a decision is worth it. You’ll know by how much they ask you to go anyway. I think some parents just bring them along for themselves, and try to force feed it to them.
I remember robbing the corner flag in 1982 Munster Final as a 4 year old the day Cork destroyed Waterford. I also remember a Waterford fan running on the pitch and hitting a Cork forward on the arse with his flag during the parade, i remember everyone laughing. Imagine the freak out now.

[quote=“Shadow”]Will your own impending big 4-0-0-0 have the same effect?

(WTB: Total Posts: 3,987 (12.16 Posts Per Day))[/quote]

Maybe. I can’t say it instills any pride anyway.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I’d say 4 0r 5. The young fellas in our club are playing at 5 now anyway, why not let them to something like that. It could vary from child to child of course and a parent would have to make a decision is worth it. You’ll know by how much they ask you to go anyway. I think some parents just bring them along for themselves, and try to force feed it to them.
I remember robbing the corner flag in 1982 Munster Final as a 4 year old the day Cork destroyed Waterford. I also remember a Waterford fan running on the pitch and hitting a Cork forward on the arse with his flag during the parade, i remember everyone laughing. Imagine the freak out now.[/quote]

in view of a recent report no kids should be allowed near a GGA ground

oh God yeah, I wasnt questioning his inclusion, moreso just lamenting the loss of his post recently to the forum.:thumbsup:

fair enough- im impressed by your attitude to your exclusion

apologies, maybe racism is the wrong word.

Kiss-ass…

“Xenophobia” is a much more impressive word.

:rolleyes:

[quote=“Shadow”]“Xenophopia” is a much more impressive word.

:rolleyes:[/quote]

And more accurate by the sounds of it.