The Olympics

So we had the Irish news, the mentality of Irish people, hurling, finishing 8th in a swimming Olympic final and rowing all slagged off here by a group of arm chair enthusiasts.

2 Likes

The TFK bar is set high

2 Likes

The sheer speed of the swimmers is absolutely staggering. The training is absolutely brutal. The dedication is absolutely remarkable. Just making the qualifying time or mark for an Olympic games in any sport is really remarkable. In swimming and running, Uber competitive global huge participation sports even more so. Making the final :flushed::flushed:

4 Likes

The training that goes into swimming is mental.

3 Likes

Italia 90.
If we had a striker who was top 8 in the world it would be a major national success. He’d probably be our best forward ever.

1 Like

Just because the media overreact doesn’t mean being 8th in the world isn’t worthy of celebration

We got to a World Cup quarter-final with it.

Wan on the left is surely kinsellas

It’s not that long since you were celebrating Liverpool finishing 4th in the EPL.

Michelle Smith set Irish swimming back a quarter of a century, maybe now we can finally kick on.

2 Likes

George Gibney did that pal

8th in the world of 3.5 billion women. Serious achievement none the less. Fair dues to her. Hopefully a springboard for Paris 2024. Only 3 years away

Can we get a granny rule or project players for the Olympics?

I’ve had a couple of late nights with this lads. Is there anything I should be tuning into tonight? Cc @Cheasty

Women’s 4 in rowing seems to be amedal chance

Not sure if 100m or 200m is Mona McSharrys preferred event

Derek Burnett had been to a fair few Olympics

1 Like

On his fifth. Surely he could be still shooting away for another few.

1 Like

The joint most appearances from Ireland alongside David Wilkins of Wilkins and Wilkinson fame. Chipp born Terry McHugh has six if you include both summer and winter games.

Jacqui and David are a nice combo.
I’d say 2 decent sorts

Its gas how Gillick is basically being used as and acting as an expert on every sport under the sun

2 Likes

Romanian women’s gymnastics may be in crisis but their women are cleaning up in the rowing, Bodnar and Radis blitzing the field in the double sculls.