The Overrated Thread

I didn’t realise this was a pre-record. Had it in my head that it was a live show.

I watched it last week for a bit and last night and tbh I didn’t see what the fuss is about .

The sex worker on last week was very interesting, Roddy Doyle on the other hand was as dull and ditch water

1 Like

The bits I’ve seen are useful. Great format idea.

It wasn’t until I noticed that Tiernan was in Dundalk performing last night and The Mary Wallopers who appeared on it had a gig in Limerick last night that it dawned on me

So you watched a bit of one show and have drawn a conclusion.

1 Like

The very essence of TFK

7 Likes

A good bit of two shows . I might add I don’t mind TT . Just can’t get that it is particularly brilliant or particularly groundbreaking .

You said it’s the same old irish illuminati getting interviewed, in the last few weeks theres been a brasser, a heroin addict, a lady with no limbs, a lady with restricted growth, a historian and a nun. Hardly the same old, same old.

The interviews are brilliant. Tiernan has a great way with people

5 Likes

I listened to Sarah McInerney interviewing a reformed heroin addict yesterday morning . It was good and interesting. I didn’t feel the need to tell the world it was something groundbreaking . TT is grand but some of the praise is totally OTT .

1 Like

He is a brilliant interviewer, it’s a good format, the guests are interesting and tommy has fun with it.

It’s the best talk show on Irish TV

You don’t always to be a miserable cunt

glad you like it .

He is entitled to disagree with you, you oddball.

I’m disagreeing back you simpleton

You’re projecting you clown shoe.

you are angry he doesnt like the same show as you

1 Like

Im fuming, seething, even

Almost as seething as you get over people who don’t like the same soccer team as you

2 Likes

For the record , I don’t dislike the show. I just think the praise is well OTT

It’s understandable, (the praise) given the general standard of tv chat shows produced here and the absolute pigs ears of interviewer that usually gets the gig.

1 Like

I find the complete focus on Tiernan and who he recognises and doesn’t recognise a bit off putting.

1 Like

Wiping your arse with toilet roll.

CC @anon61878697