The penny fir the black babies box

No to be fair to him. There were no adhd diagnoses or special teaching assistants. Just bold children he hammered until they shut up.

1 Like

You should make the effort if she’s still living,
Cost’s nothing but time,
I can vouch for that bud,
But I’m pretty sure you’d make her vv happy.
I wasn’t up north in 17/18!years until my youngest grandson was born earlier this year,
Kinda wasn’t brilliant with his dad,
Nothing serious just strangers not having been together too often,
I held his son a few hours old,
And now we’re back as we were,
I love him, always tell him,and vice versa,
He’s going on 38 but still my boy in my eyes,
So a trips worth it
Methinks

1 Like

We had to give money for the blue babies

1 Like

We’d no money for anyone’s babas

Oh, she’s alive and kicking, only in her early sixties. I saw her last year when my mother was 70. Would meet up now and then, but I don’t get to Cork too often (it’s a long enough haul from here).

1 Like

He was busy getting results

Ahh ffs you’ve years yet to visit
She’s be my vintage
I’m near mid 60s
Thought in my usher was in the 70/80 bracket
Right near your aunts house is a vv sad sight
Every sat I see him,
Guy in his 20s, Jamie
Looks over the wall down towards Dunnes

Stands there for hours on end his dad stays in the car beside him,
On the spectrum but serious,

That’s what I call love n devotion
If you’re in contact ask her,
He’s at it for years, and lives on the street he stands on , just above Dunnes
Westgate drive I think

Roy Curtis isn’t a patch on you.

1 Like

Oh dear

Actually like Roy

Heyyyy too late on a Friday night to be insulting old boys😊

1 Like

63 in the class ( double portacabin)at first

Stove and each boy had to bring in a bit of turf or coal on your allotted day - and newspaper ( loo roll)

We’d slates to write on with big lumps of cailc,
Told my youngest then and he looked at me as if I was a loon

1 Like

We lived with my great grandparents up until they passed on. My dad was the apple of his grandmothers eye even though he was always rising her. He would take her out on a Friday evening/night for her couple of g&t’s. She would always buy the first drink. The box for the black babies was on every counter back then. On one particular night anyhow after paying for their drinks our grandmother proceeded to feed the few coppers and small silver into the black babies box. While she was at it my dad gave the proprietor the wink. When she sat down my dad proceeded to open the box and empty the contents into his jacket pocket. The old lady was beside herself. Mortification and indignation as she scolded my father and told him to stop. She was losing it and called the barman. ‘Ah he’s owed that, a bet he won with me’ he said. Dad returned the money unknowns to her and she never put a penny in one again. :smiley:

5 Likes

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::clap:

Brilliant

What school did you go to. I only found out recently some distant relation of mine thought in a CBS down in Waterford. Brother something or other. I’ll ask again when I’m talking to the mother. He wasn’t prunty anyway because I thought of you straight away

What was he thinking about?

1 Like

Mount Sion of course.

He thought @Julio_Geordio as well by the looks of it :wink:

2 Likes

Boys