The Perfect Full Irish Breakfast Thread

I’m confused

My grandfather, a butcher, worked in the original Clonakilty shop or something and maintained to his death that it was he who came up with the recipe for the world-renowned pudding.

A lot of people in my family say a lot of things, though. Including me.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 846038, member: 129”]My grandfather, a butcher, worked in the original Clonakilty shop or something and maintained to his death that it was he who came up with the recipe for the world-renowned pudding.

A lot of people in my family say a lot of things, though. Including me.[/quote]

:smiley:

Ah lovely…

:oops: I must be mistaken then

Hodgins do a nice sausage, 70% pork content.
Kerrigans in Baldoyle Industrial Estate do a fine rasher with the rind on, lovely grilled with a crispy rind. A flat top mushroom is a fine addition to any breakfast.

Not to worry skin, it happens.
To be honest, i,m not that big a fan of sausages. No harm no foul.

Sorry for my little jibe at you, @carryharry. You’re one of the good guys. I’m very mean sometimes and I’m trying to change.

i think its too deep-rooted for you ever to change pal…don´t fight what you are…

You’ve bean known to make rasher judgements in the past. The fact others were egging you on and pudding words in your mouth may not have helped either and now you’ve made a hash of things. Sausages.

Small saucepan, boiling water about an inch high. Nevermind swirling the water or any of that shit. Small drop of vinegar, crack the egg and drop your hands close enough to the water nearly burning your fingers and drop the egg in as carefully as possible. You need the egg to stay as stationary as possible just after it hits the water. The fresher the egg the better, eggs straight from the hen are perfect. Do not use eggs from the fridge

A small frying pan is perfect for this as allows you to drop the egg in from closer to the water. Cook for a bare two mins. Take out with a slotted spoon and rest briefly on kitchen paper to dry off.

The TFK community :smiley:

i´ve gone off frys lately…nowadays i´m partial to cutting some pancetta into slices and grilling it…absolutley delicous…tastes like rashers should…

The closest I’d get to a fry would be a few rashers and a tomato on the Foreman grill with a couple of poached eggs and some brown soda bread or a hollowed out wholegrain roll. Big mug of tea too.

Ah for fuck sake. You can be a bit healthy but get a fucking imagination. And rashers come out rotten off the George foreman.

Not necessarily… I have a split Foreman grill. One half is a non stick frying pan the other half is the typical foreman grill.

Great piece of equipment though a bit of a bitch to clean.

What’s your problem, pal? I would rarely eat the above and I was merely stating what I would eat that would be closest to the traditional full irish. It’s hangover food and I would prefer a ham and cheese omelette or something shit from a local shop like a hot chicken sandwich or something like that. I haven’t eaten a sausage in about 20 years and I think they are vile.

Don’t be listening to him mate, he’s only a wanker. I’ll take him down a peg or two soon.

+1 to all that, I’ve given up on sausages, terrible yokes

No problem pal. I just would prefer to see you enjoying your good a bit more. What you were saying sounds like a plate of cardboard to be honest.