The Ploughing

Tits and ass.

They’d buy and sell that Paddy Cosgrave spoofer.

Ah for fuck sake, even further away from Limerick now.

They can knock 2 years out of it over there, and then it all comes back home for the big one.

Limerick would have been an ideal location for it next year, the home of hurling. Very convenient to anyone in Munster, bar maybe Waterford. And then for anyone in Connaught or Leinster there’s motorways bringing them the whole way down.

Fuck off. That shit was in Crecora one year years ago and destroyed the roads and fuckin traffic jams everywhere. That and drunken pretend farmers.

1 Like

Half of this place is drunken pretend farmers, but here you are.

1 Like

Settle a bet.

How much would Joe Canning make on selling hurleys alone at the ploughing? Anyone have any idea.

I heard it’s 25e a hurley & an extra fiver to have it signed by the man himself? (that could be bullshit too)

No way Anna May will let it out of the midlands again after the cluster fuck in Wexford

1 Like

And that’s from 4 years ago. I’d say it’s even more now.
Every young one going to the ploughing now buys a hurley apparently, but there are a lot more than Joe selling to be fair.

Let’s say it’s still 30,000 hurley’s sold and he is 20% of the market, that’s 6,000 hurleys!!!
Then let’s say he sells em at an average price of €20 (given a lot would be kids hurleys) and they cost him say €10 to make. That’s €60k cleared.
Not to mention grips, sliothars, helmets etc. that he sells as well.
I wouldn’t think it was mental to say he’d make a €100k over the three days, given he probably has a larger share of the market and a tenner might be high on the cost side (I’ve no idea).
I’ve no idea whether he actually charges a €5 for an autograph, but that’s obviously pure gravy on top.

1 Like

From looking this year I’d say he has easily more than 50% of the market out there

If he has half of it, then you could be looking at closer to €200k!!!

Now it’s a family business so it’s not going straight to Joe’s pocket, but nice work if you can get it.

Are the hurleys still hand made, or would they be sticking them up on some sort of automated lathe.

They are hardly hand making 15,000 hurleys :see_no_evil:

1 Like

No hand made, 100%.

You’d often see Joe in the car park outside Camille and he whittling away on the handle of hurl as he sits in the A6 waiting for another delivery to be cooked up.

28 Likes

He’s the only person in the country making a significant living from playing GAA. Fair fucks to him.

2 Likes

Dead right sure