The Prestigious Europa League 2015/2016 thread

+1,
That would be like pointing out your could bark.

There are no tears left to cry in Laois.

You would think so. Lallana should fuck off to his spiritual home. Spurs.

1 Like

Ouch

Great shout by big mick

Champioms league.lolz

This cunt Pat McDonagh and Sean O Brien trying to shift disgusting fast food.

Crying in sport is wrong. Full stop.

Liverpool were also coasting in the game at Norwich a couple of weeks previously, conceded a goal and were a total mess for the last ten minutes but somehow managed to hang on.

Another one I can think of is Armagh against Sligo in 2002. Armagh were coasting at six points up with about 11 minutes left and Sligo got a man put off. Armagh proceeded to totally collapse. Sligo should have buried them but Dara McGarty chickened out of going for goal and fisted the ball over the bar to equalise with a gilt-edged one on one goal chance situation.

That appeared to be a collective abdication of responsibility type situation which it wasnā€™t tonight.

Liverpool would have been going in at half time tonight thinking they should have been at least 2-0 or possibly 3-0 up. It was a perfect storm really. The two penalties which should have been awarded as well as the disallowed goal, followed by conceding immediately after half-time to a stinker of a goal knocked the stuffing out of them psychologically.

Really no excuse for failing so completely to raise a gallop throughout the second half though.

:grin:

1 Like

If weā€™d won I was planning to say weā€™re ā€œeven better than the real thingā€ but I guess itā€™s a case of ā€œwe couldnā€™t beat the real thingā€.

My initial thought on the first penalty claim was that it was a foul rather than a handball (which I only noticed on the replay).

I donā€™t think it was an intentional handball and wouldnā€™t have given it for that, but I did think it was a foul, which Neil Lennon has just backed up.

The penalty claim where yer man was stooping down was as stonewall as you can get.

Weā€™ll win the league next season. No distractions, no excuses.

Forget about it pal and enjoy your holliers

Need a left back, a keeper and a proper midfielder.

:joy:

:joy::joy:

Fairly remarkable turnover in players for Sevilla across those 3 finals.

2 Likes

Just here with the malaga branch of the sevilla fan club. a sound bunch of lads. fair play to them. i have them all on Cork -3 for sunday.

7 Likes

the rodent letting on to be on holidays and the loser is still posting on here, you literally couldnā€™t make this shit up :joy:

first half and second halfšŸ˜†

3 Likes

Murderpool fans were rioting at the ground

1 Like

Stephen Kenny doesnā€™t sound that perturbed with the draw.

Stephen Kenny says heā€™s happy that his Dundalk side missed out on a meeting with Manchester United in the Europa League because it would have been ā€œembarrassingā€ for his side to play in a game in Ireland where the majority of the supporters were backing the away team.

But Dundalk have already been angered by an official tweet from top Russian side Zenit St Petersburg, which included an image (inset) of a leprechaun from The Simpsons just after the club was drawn against Dundalk.

They are also pleading for help from the FAI to complete a fixture list which sees Dundalk play 17 games in 62 days, their season now extending into December.

Some fans had hoped that Dundalk would be paired with the Red Devils but Kennyā€™s relieved that did not happen.

ā€œI know people were wondering about drawing Manchester United but thatā€™s not a game I would have particularly wanted, personally,ā€ he said. ā€œI think it would have been embarrassed playing in Lansdowne Road with more people there supporting an English team than ourselves.

ā€œI would have found that difficult to comprehend. But these are great football matches against teams with great pedigrees,ā€ added Kenny, fearful of the burden of so many games.